PDA

View Full Version : How to have full size image in post

kashirax2
12-19-2012, 08:46 PM
How do I attach an image so that it is not scaled down to a thumbnail?
Hi,

I hope this is an acceptable question to ask. I did try searching the forums high and low and didn't find an answer, but I'll admit I am a forum noob.

I have been trying to attach an image to my post for a card giveaway contest and I cannot figure out how to keep it from scaling down to thumbnail size. First I tried uploading the image from my computer, since I had resized the original so that it was not so large. This always resulted in a thumbnail. When I tried to attach the source file using a url I first got a javascript void error at the bottom of my screen and then a pop-up error saying the file size was too large, which didn't surprise me since that's why I resized it in the first place. So how can I attach the image so that it is full size?

I'd really appreciate any and all assistance. Sorry if I missed the answer to this question elsewhere.

kashira

cabbit_girl
12-19-2012, 08:57 PM
to have an image full size (if less then 600 pixels) you need to upload it to an image host like imageshack or photobucket and use the [IMG] tags to post

if you attach the image from an url or your computer to the AF servers, it will automatically reduce to a thumbnail.

Twinstar
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
it can depend on the size of the image. If it's over a certain limit, the forum will automatically resize it. I suggest using a site like photobucket and using the [img] tags link it gives you for your image. What size is the image?

*edit*
haha cabbit and I replied at the same time :rolleyes:

kashirax2
12-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Me again.

The images I was trying to upload from my computer were about 500 x 350 pixels. The ones I was originally trying to link to were something crazy like 1500 x 3000 pixels. No wonder that didn't work.

I tried tonight after uploading my resized image to tinypic and using the img tag and it worked perfectly.

Thank you both so much for the help! I really appreciate it.