PDA

View Full Version : Problems with editing first post in contest thread.

cally
08-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Since yesterday I have been trying to edit the first post in my contest thread without success.

If I make an edit in the text for example and then immediately press 'save changes' it works approx. 5 times out of 10. The other 5 times nothing happens and I'm forced to eventually refresh the page = information/edits lost.

If I try to press 'go advanced' or 'preview changes' I get an error message saying: "the message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters" before I even try editing the post. The entire window looks messed up at this stage; like >>this<< (http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad310/calloutyoru/Namnls-1.jpg).

Might be I'm doing something wrong but I'm really not getting it, so please a word of advice? and sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section :pushup:

calloutyoru
09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Just to let you know; this problem still arise every now and then.

Editing the first post in my current contest is just impossible :|

Twinstar
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Which editor are you using? I use to have issues till I switched it back to the basic editor

calloutyoru
09-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for taking the time :)

I have tried using both editor modes with the same result.

The strange thing is that it's being so inconsistent -- sometimes I can edit like one word (when I press save it works fine) then the next time I try nothing's happening. Today I haven't been able to save my changes even once :aty:

Then again, one day or two after I created the original post it just started to work perfectly again. It started acting up on me yesterday, all over again -- exactly the same problem. When I press 'go advanced' everything in the window sort of shifts place and looks completely off, and I'm simply not getting anywhere. I only get error messages on top of each other.