PDA

View Full Version : Mention not working in the Contests and Trivias forum

02-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't know if mentions are turned off for this forum or they just aren't working. In this thread: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f32/t157486-devils-game-%5Br10%5D-final.html

I've been mentioned several times, but never received a notification. The format the person mentioning me looks correct. I checked the pages of other people she was mentioning and there was nothing listed in their Mentions tab either.

Twinstar
02-02-2012, 03:50 PM
This is odd. I looked and she is writing it out fine. And when I checked her profile, only a couple of the mentions for that thread show up (so far). I have noticed that sometimes mentions are delayed and sometimes show up a day or two (or more) later. I've had that happen to me a few times. In this case, I'm not sure if they are just delayed or if they just won't work.

I think this is something for Dai to check out =/

Halite75
02-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, this is not delay--I've never received notification for any of the Mentions in that thread.

Kalypso
02-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Hi. I tried the mention function for the first time in this post (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f269/t158597-just-silly-guessing-game-p13.html#post3840910) and it doesn't seem to have worked. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I just made a mistake using the function, though. Could someone please check and tell me what I did wrong? Thank you! :)

(I hope it's ok to post this here...)

Twinstar
02-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Kalypso: You need to put a space between the name and the ; like this @Kalypso ; (mentions don't work in this area so this example won't show up)

Halite75: is the issue continuing?

Halite75
02-17-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure. I don't think anyone has mentioned me in that forum recently.

mokona666
02-17-2012, 04:58 AM
I think the Auction section are having this problem too. Sere's auction a little while back mentioned everyone and no one got a notification.
Btw why do we even need the ';'? Can't we mention just by copying and pasting their username?

Twinstar
02-17-2012, 06:59 AM
I have noticed that sometimes the mentions seem to work without the ";" but I'm not sure it works all the time.

With Sere's auction, she wasn't doing the mentions correct. She was forgetting the space between the name and the ";"

Rani
02-17-2012, 07:43 AM
actually i forget to use a space between the name and ';' and it works just fine

Twinstar
02-17-2012, 08:45 AM
it seems like it's an on and off thing then. I've seen it not work lots of times if there is no space =/

Halite75
02-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah it is weird. I wish all we had to type was @username It would make things so much easier.

When I end my Contest I'll try notifying everyone with a Mention. We'll see it that works or not. :rolleyes:

cocomi02
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I received this problem since months ago I think. I type my name in Quick Search to check if anyone mentions me instead :)

Halite75
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I think some of the mentions I used in my contest worked, but not sure about all of them because I didn't check each person's profile to see.

cabbit_girl
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm sometimes getting notification that I have a mention, but it doesn't appear when I check the mention tab where I was mentioned, BUT I was mentioned correctly by the person posting...

Initially I thought I was just getting mentions late, since I would get a mention notification, but the mention in the tab would be from a few days ago, or that I was getting duplicate notifications for the same mention, but I just noticed that it's just the mention not appearing in the tab, but the notification going through

Halite75
03-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes, I've had that happen too, cabbit. It is weird.

seres mentioned me (using correct format) in her contest last week, but again I received no notifications. It is a good thing I subscribed to that thread. :rolleyes:

I believe Gloomy Gloo mentioned me too in her contest and again I received no notification.

peilicanhelican
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I've had this problem too, and it's very hard sometimes to figure out where it came from. What I noticed though, at least for me, is that this usually happens when there is a long list of mentions in the post, which is common in contests. For example, when contest hosts post the winners and mention everyone that got some sort of prize (usually in a long list), I usually don't see these mentions on my profile mention tab.

missmotoko
03-07-2012, 05:56 AM
My issue with "mentions" is simple. I'm able to receive mentions just fine so, that's not my problem. I would like someone to show me the exact way to type-out the mention function bbcode. No matter how I type it, it just doesn't work regardless of thread. So my issue isn't a bug, just lack of forum knowledge, I suppose. I quick-searched the forum and I couldn't find an exact example of how to type it in any thread. I've checked my settings, however, its seems to only be related to receiving and not sending them. Checked the BBcode list, too. All other bbcode functions DO work for me, except for this one. So...

This is what I've been trying and it doesn't work:

["mention"]@username ;["/mention"] Note: just remove all the quotation marks; pretend they're not there.

What am I doing wrong? Would anyone be so kind as to help/correct me?

Twinstar
03-07-2012, 08:49 AM
actually the easiest way to use a mention is just to write it as it looks
@Twinstar ;
Just like that, without the mention tags. If you want to use the tags, just type it the way you did but without the @ and ; [mention ]Twinstar[/mention ] I believe (without the spaces). I don't use the tags for mentions so I haven't confirmed that myself :lol: Mentions don't work here so it won't show up.

missmotoko
03-07-2012, 05:38 PM
actually the easiest way to use a mention is just to write it as it looks
@Twinstar ;
Just like that, without the mention tags. If you want to use the tags, just type it the way you did but without the @ and ; [mention ]Twinstar[/mention ] I believe (without the spaces). I don't use the tags for mentions so I haven't confirmed that myself :lol: Mentions don't work here so it won't show up.

Thank you so much for replying to my question. (^-^) I have to admit, I've never tried it without the mention tags, it never occurred to me. Oops. Oh well. Anyway, I'll give it a try the next time I need to post.

And again, thanks.

laketica
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I do mentions without the ; and I think it works~ other people mention me that way too, and I receive it- HOWEVER there are delays sometimes, and I don't receive it 100% of the time. ^^; so whoever up there said it - it seems to be an on and off thing~ the worst kind of bug! :imc:

:escape:

serafi
05-06-2012, 04:01 AM
I have some mention issue too, when someone mention me I get Notification but when I see my mention page in my profile, it it the old mention, I don´t get any new mention, like in this thread celtic7irish have mention me
http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f32/t161777-celtics-character-picture-hunt-p4.html#post3894502 (06-05-2012)
but when I see my mention the thread
http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f269/t160522-celtics-pre-quote-pic-p8.html#post3876920 was my latest mention (04-05-2012),
I haven´t got any newer mention update in my profile, plz help
thanks in advance