PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with Videos

SECU
01-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi!

I have tried time to time to click some video on Aarin's video-section to try if they would already work for me but nothing has changed. I have struggled with this problem over a month now. No matter what video I try, it doesn't work even I tried to re-load it.

What I should do or can someone fix this?

Thank you :pushup:

And sorry about this, I know you're busy! :shy:

aarinfantasy
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi, it seems a few country's people could be having this issue... can u also try this (in case MEgavideo is blocked from your country or blocking you):

Recently in Malaysia, we got blocked from several websites which include major file sharing websites. I was told to bypass it with DNS. Honestly, I am not very good with such things but at least I know it's secured. So I am going to tell you how to do so (because I know some of you are like me dunno how to do it). I tried and tested, it worked.
So here's how, simple steps:

1) Click on your Local Area Connection Status (usually on the bottom right network icon, where the clock is).
2) Click on Properties.
3) At General tab, scroll to most bottom or something, there's Internet Protocol. Double click on it.
4) At "Preferred DNS server:", type in 8.8.8.8 ---> This is Google DNS
5) At "Alternate DNS server:" type in 8.8.4.4 ---> This is Google DNS
6) Click OK, then OK again.
7) You should now be able to go on the blocked websites!
8) Just in case you wanna put back Streamyx DNS, just use back what you had earlier...
For the record, it is 202.188.0.133 (preferred) and 202.188.1.5 (alternate). Do take note that use back Streamyx DNS when you wanna surf high security websites like online banking etc... just in case.

*Alternatively, if you dun wanna use Google DNS, you can try another secured DNS which is called OpenDNS. These are the only 2 that I recommend, other DNS I really have no idea. Good luck! Note: Here's the method for Windows 7, link: Quick Way to Configure IP Address and Other Network Information in Windows 7 (http://www.home-network-help.com/configure-ip.html)

------------------

Other than this, I am not sure what's the problem because you are having this problem for over a month, and it's not just a few days... which is strange.

SECU
01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Thank you so much!! :hug:

My videos worked perfectly when I registered to this site over a year ago, then all of sudden they stopped playing. I'll try the trick you suggested :nods: I mean, I live in Finland, not in Malaysia, so I shouldn't have that problem they have due to strict laws and such.

If that doesn't help, I'll inform about it.

But anyways: Thank you for seeing the trouble to answer to me and sorry to bother! ^__^

Caboose
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
You mean the streaming video's from Megavideo, right? If not, just ignore this.

I don't think there is anything you can do about it now, from what I hear Megaupload has been shut down due to a copyright crime, or something. I'm pretty sure Megavideo is founded by the same guy who founded Megaupload but I can't be too sure, either way I can't load either site, and neither can anyone else I've spoken to.
I get that you haven't been able to watch them for a month or so, but if you're going to try fixing it only to find they're not loading, this is (most likely) the reason why.

If you want to know more, google is your friend (Unless SOPA gets to it, at least.)