PDA

View Full Version : Missing 'Customize Profile' under User PC

Jupernia
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I am sorry in advance if this is in the wrong location.

I've been pulling my hair out for weeks now trying to find just where the advance 'Customize Profile' area is so I can design my profile with BGs and such. I do not have this option on my User PC for it. While looking up information regarding it in the FAQ it gives a link to it. When I click it I get the following message:

vBulletin Message

Jupernia, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can edit and design my blog but I can't my profile. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, if I have a setting turned off or if it's an account glitch. I have checked and doubled checked and I am just at a loss as to how I can fix it. So if anyone can help I would be grateful.

Twinstar
01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
There should be a tab/button on your actual profile right by your "vm", "About me", "friends" etc...tabs are that says "Customize my profile"

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Twinstar1/Untitled-2-12.png

angerbda
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
[-]For some reason I don't see in Jupernia's profile page the "show/hide user customization" button... while I see it on the other profiles after a quick spot check...

@Dai-kun- I did not find similar issue in the support[/-]

Scrap that... If the profile is not customized, there is nothing to hide or show... So no button (I found other examples of the same)

---- EDIT ----

The link in the FAQ is not valid any-more as the Customize Profile function changed and the customization of your profile is done via the Profile page itself as Twinstar showed the location of it in her post.

Jupernia
01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
@Twinstar (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/members/twinstar/) I have that. But from what I have read about there should be another area that allows you do more then just change the color. What I am looking for is the area that allows you to add a 'BG'. Where you can change the Block Borders and so on. That button only allows me to change font's and colors.

angerbda
01-04-2012, 10:00 PM
@Jupernia
The button is where you have the full custom for your profile... font colours and pics

The link in the FAQ is not valid any-more after the changes in the forum upgrade (I assume)

Give me few minutes, I will create an entry in the knowledge base with instructions on how to customize the profile...

angerbda
01-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Got some instructions and information on the customization here -> http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f327/t157016-how-do-i-customize.html

Jupernia
01-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Ah, I see now. Thank You so much for all your help.