PDA

View Full Version : Notifications of Quotes and Mentions don't dissapear

bronakopdin
11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
even after checking everything the notification number won't decrease
It happened a few times in the past already, but then after I was logged out awhile the Notification number went back to zero.

But today I had 1 mentiion and two quotes in the morning and even after I repeatedly logged in and out (also with hours between) the number of Notifications stayed at 3

This problem is NOT affecting PM's and VM's though.

It's not a big deal or restricting me in any way but it's a little annoying if you wait for notes and go check just to see it was only still the old ones :hot:

As I said this started today to be that persisting.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

EDIT: I don't know why but just now the problem disappeared! I don't know what it was but my notes count is zero again!
As I said it's still happening sometimes but then not for so long... so I won't delete this report, maybe it'S still important for others

EDIT 2: The problem disappeared completely over the last week! FIXED!

Halite75
11-22-2011, 12:37 AM
To get quotes notifications to go away, I've found you need to go to your Quotes tab on your profile. Sometimes you even have to click on the link to the thread you were quoted in to make it go away.

bronakopdin
11-22-2011, 07:47 AM
I already tried that many times and still it wouldn't work

today I had the same issue again from this morning until a few minutes ago. Again it first didn't dissapear how many times ever I clicked them, but then suddenly the number was zero again even though I didn't click them again... I really have no idea what's going on :casual:

but thanks for your reply Halite :)

also it seems I'm the only one with that problem, or at least noone else responded to this yet :huh:

kinsugi
11-26-2011, 02:06 PM
I already tried that many times and still it wouldn't work

today I had the same issue again from this morning until a few minutes ago. Again it first didn't dissapear how many times ever I clicked them, but then suddenly the number was zero again even though I didn't click them again... I really have no idea what's going on :casual:

but thanks for your reply Halite :)

also it seems I'm the only one with that problem, or at least noone else responded to this yet :huh:

How long are you waiting? I've noticed that changes I make on AF often don't show up in my computer image for awhile... maybe five minutes or more... unless I log out of AF or even my browser, and log back in. I think it's most likely a caching issue at one or both ISPs... so that I continue to see the cached image on my ISP's server until I break my connection and return, or until time passes and my ISP's server refreshes its own cache.

Yesterday I was seeing an image I'd changed on Photobucket but had used the same filename to match my post on AF... I'd even deleted the original image! When I changed the filename and put the new name in my pos, the new image appeared. But it would have eventually, anyway, I think... depends on how long my ISP and AF's ISP keep old images cached before refreshing them.

This lag in what we see on the screen is definitely a problem, but I don't believe it's Aarinfantasy's problem. I believe my image delay problems are entirely due to my local ISP.

Examples:
Example 1: Last night, a Friday night in my area, is a very congessted Web time locally and I had repeated problems with lag in general on AF and with vids from other sites. I can't even watch vids on AF or on YouTube or streamed from Amazon any more at busy times - they stop every few seconds to re-buffer. I have to wait until the middle of the night. That timing points to my local ISP!

Example 2: I paid rather a lot this year to extend my membership in MU... their prices are in Euros now and went way up. But recently when I use MU, my connection drops to a crawl. Downloading's fine if I stay up until middle of the night here. My ISP or MU? Neuro, please go eat a few mysteries at my local Comcast office!

bronakopdin
11-30-2011, 05:24 AM
But if I do changes to the forum, like changing themes or sets, I can see the results immediatly so it seems it's not the same problem as yours :)
Also this was only with Quotes and mentions but not with the other notifications for PM's and VM's so I thought it's an intern problem...

anyway: I didn't have this problem anymore for a week now, so it seems this was only temporary!

thanx for the replies!

it's fixed

mokona666
11-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I have the same problem...even after days of logging in and out and clicking the tab, the link etc. But I find eventually it does go away, it's just annoying coz I keep getting notifications for the same thing

Halite75
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I find you have to click on the link that says Mentions or Quotes from the Notifications area at the top of the forum--clicking from there takes you to the tab in your profile and then the Mentions/Quotes go away. If I just go directly to my profile without clicking from the Notifications thing, it is harder to get rid of the Mentions/Quotes.