PDA

View Full Version : Profile changes don't show

HeartfulPeach
10-27-2011, 07:40 PM
I have customized my profile with different fonts and a background but it seems I am the only person who can see the changes (my senpai told me she doesn't see the changes, that it looks like the base profile). I made the customization, more or less, a week ago but didn't realized this bug till my senpai told me about it.

Thanks for the support in advance!

PS: I will put the pics of how I see it and how my senpai (and maybe other people) see it

http://oi41.tinypic.com/xfqmwi.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd306/DesolateTear1987/Ren_page.jpg

Twinstar
10-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure what is causing this but I know I had this issue before with viewing someone's profile that they customized. I can see your profile just fine so I think this only happens the odd time to certain people. When then happened to me I didn't really get an answer since it was unknown why it happened even though I did all I could to get it working (clearing cache, clearing cookies, restarting computer, trying a new browser, etc...). It ended up fixing itself on it's own for some reason. Have they tried a different browser or anything to see if it works?

HeartfulPeach
10-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I haven't asked my senpai yet if she used a different browser or anything of the sort. I'm going to notify her and wait for her response.

Halite75
10-28-2011, 12:57 AM
I know the reason. Your senpai needs to change her Settings-->General Setting--> scroll down to User Customizations: and select Show User Customizations.

I had them turned off and saw your profile like she did. I turned it back on and saw it like yours.

This actually makes me happy b/c for the longest time this setting was not working and I kept seeing everyone's customizations when I didn't want to. :lol: Guess it is fixed now.

angerbda
10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
You can also find the "Show/Hide user customization" button on the profile page. If you look at the second picture, the button says "Show user customization" which means it was hidden.

Button is located on the top right of the profile page

Twinstar
10-28-2011, 02:20 AM
If it's not the settings though it could be the issue I had that I mentioned. I know my settings were correct and I was able to see the profile before it stopped showing it.

HeartfulPeach
10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks Halite-san, Twinstar-san and Angerbda-san for your kind attention ^_^ I have already told my senpai about the bug, now I will wait for her to try out this options. I only hope it's just her "hide customization" setting

deso
10-28-2011, 08:58 AM
O.o it really was the setting but why?
I mean I never changed my settings...!?!?
and before I always saw the customized profiles

HeartfulPeach
10-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Well I guess it was just a matter of settings... Thanks again everyone for your attention and support! ^_^

Halite75
10-28-2011, 12:52 PM
O.o it really was the setting but why?
I mean I never changed my settings...!?!?
and before I always saw the customized profiles

The setting didn't used to work and has recently been fixed. I had set it to hide as soon as the new version of the forum went online last December and it never actually hid custom profiles until recently. :D

deso
10-29-2011, 07:21 AM
lol I see so that's how it is :D