aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Konoe (L2)X Glassy Cross (translucent)Rai Lamento (L9)
    Rin TnC (L1)Senge Iori (L4)Griffith (L1)
    Uploaded... Here's the link

LmtDVDVer103.exe

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Tetsuo (L1)Asato (L9)Calcifer
    Rai Lamento (L9)Rai (L7)Konoe (L2)
    Trip (L8)Ren DM (L8)Aoba (L2)
    Out of curiosity has anyone been able to play Lamento on windows 8? i have a windows 7 i had gotten it to work on before but my main laptop is windows 8... I even purchased a hard copy of the actual game disk to try to get it working and failed. Any help is much appreciated. This is my absolute favorite game and i miss it

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

i didn't apply any patch though.. just the english patch...and it works perfectly fine...i've tried applying all patches [the 101 102 etc..] before and it didn't work [i think the patches are the problem [at least for me]]

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello,

I have been searching for a while now, but I am unable to find something. I am unable to save the game. I checked the Sweet Pool thread where this was asked and was looking for where to change the savegame in Japanese, only to find out it doesnt work the same way for Lamento hehe
    In this thread the question was asked a couple of times, I might be blind, but I havent seen the answer yet.
    I tried to run it as Administrator, but that doesnt work.
    Is there something I am missing?
    Can some one please help me?

ETA:
    I didnt stop searching or trying. I finally got it to work so far.
    I only used the 1.03 patch and not the rest.
    I am glad I finally got it to work, in total I think I spent 4 frustrating days on it.
    But a lot of posts helped me find the answers!
    Last edited by Badger05; 06-21-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Glad you found a working solution, Badger05! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I already finished installing the english patch by following the instructions given. But when I start the game, it's still in Japanese. Please help!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Okay, this might be a pretty dumb questions but I spent the last few hours trying to get my game running with the english patch but after applying the patch, the game isn´t even starting ( error 1000, error 2100 or no error at all and a blank white screen ( though if I hit escape, there´s a pop up window asking if I want to quit the game)
    I´ve read through the whole threads and tried several versions but nothing works.
    I have my game installed from a legit Game DVD, not downloaded and I start to ask myself if the english patch is not compatible with my installed version. I'm running it on Windows XP. Can anyone help me out?

Also, I was asking myself if there´s a donation pool for the people actually doing all the translation
    work for free, I would like to support this.

Edit: Found out how to donate and wrote a PM

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Darkling; 08-16-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Darkling View Post
    Okay, this might be a pretty dumb questions but I spent the last few hours trying to get my game running with the english patch but after applying the patch, the game isn´t even starting ( error 1000, error 2100 or no error at all and a blank white screen ( though if I hit escape, there´s a pop up window asking if I want to quit the game)
    I´ve read through the whole threads and tried several versions but nothing works.
    I have my game installed from a legit Game DVD, not downloaded and I start to ask myself if the english patch is not compatible with my installed version. I'm running it on Windows XP. Can anyone help me out?

Also, I was asking myself if there´s a donation pool for the people actually doing all the translation
    work for free, I would like to support this.

Edit: Found out how to donate and wrote a PM

Many thanks in advance.

Heya Darkling! ^^

I wish there was a way to determine which version of the game you have. I don't know if your retail copy already comes with the pre-patched 1.03 version, or if it's the vanilla 1.0. Either way, there is a V. 1.03 patch available for the game, have you applied it to your copy at all?

Moreover, have you tried running the game BEFORE trying the English patch, just to make sure it works? If so, then it's JUST the English patch that's giving trouble?

What folder did you install Lamento too, and (most obvious), is your Windows XP System Locale set to Japanese and you have the Asian language packs installed? (You will need a Win XP CD to apply this change).

Lastly, don't forget that the current English patch that is available on the internet is NOT a complete translation. The team working on the latest/newest/bestest version are (hopefully) projecting a "possible" release soonish. (No date specified)

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Heya Darkling! ^^

I wish there was a way to determine which version of the game you have. I don't know if your retail copy already comes with the pre-patched 1.03 version, or if it's the vanilla 1.0. Either way, there is a V. 1.03 patch available for the game, have you applied it to your copy at all?

Moreover, have you tried running the game BEFORE trying the English patch, just to make sure it works? If so, then it's JUST the English patch that's giving trouble?

What folder did you install Lamento too, and (most obvious), is your Windows XP System Locale set to Japanese and you have the Asian language packs installed? (You will need a Win XP CD to apply this change).

Lastly, don't forget that the current English patch that is available on the internet is NOT a complete translation. The team working on the latest/newest/bestest version are (hopefully) projecting a "possible" release soonish. (No date specified)
    Wow, that was quick!

Ah yes, I should have mentioned that I installed the game and it was running just fine in japanese,
    the little black box on the bottom right in the configuaration window says:

System Version 1.10
    Script Version 1.10

The game is installed in the C --> Programs --> NitroPlusChiral folder and I have set my Windows XP System to
    Japanese ( I might should mention that I already installed Togainu no chi with the english patch and it´s running just fine) I did not installed an Asian language pack with a CD since my netbook didn´t came with a CD,
    all needed files are pre-installed ( but Asian language is displaying, no weird cryptic signs)

I installed and deinstalled Lamento several times and I applied the patch and the suggested other files LmtDVDVer101 / LmtDVDVer102 / and the LmtDVDVer200 from the NitroChiral Game support page
    in different orders, all at once or seperate, just to make sure I´ve tried every possible combination but nothing worked so far. I did not installed a V. 1.03 patch so far.

When I start the game, the black screen pops up as if it´s going to start but then closes right after,
    the only combination that worked in a way was when I apply the patch and the LmtDVDVer102, if I do this,
    the black window pops up and changes to white as if the game is about to start but then it freezes. If I hit escape, a little window shows up, asking me " Close Lamento?" (this time in english,weird, huh?) but I have to force the window down with my task manager.

Oh I know it´s not translated completely yet but I bought my copy 2 years ago and wanted to play at least a bit from the already translated english path since I very much like this game.

Thank you again, your help is very much appreciated
    Last edited by Darkling; 08-17-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Oh wow! Thank you for the detailed post! XD That helps a lot, so thank you again!

I don't think Windows XP was as anal retentive about where older games can be installed, because of how they usually save their save games in the same folder they were installed to, so that may or may not be an issue. (But if you got TnC working, and it's installed to the C:\Program Files\ folder and it's fine, then this is a non-issue for Lamento).

Well, if you have a working 1.10 copy, then the partial English patch may not work... It was built on 1.03. (Moreover, by the looks of it, the English patch exe seems to automatically update to 1.03. I don't know how well it'll work in reverse...)

Lessie, what version of the partial English patch are you using? v0.1.5 or v0.1.5.1?

Hmm, I managed to install the v0.1.5.1 "Moderately" okay. (Forgot I had to run it as administrator...)

I've been mostly avoiding playing the partial English patch as I'm waiting for the full one, but I kinda want to hear Rai... XD;; I don't know how far into the story his character shows up... but all I know is that his VA is the same as another game, so I wanna hear his voice. *buzzes through the intro*

Lamento boots up in English for me...

lamento_eng_install.jpg
    Here's what my working install's files look like. Compare them to yours, see what might be wrong?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast