aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

tina21

Help with Calibre

I have a lot of ePub and PDF ebooks that I want to convert to MOBI for my Kindle Fire. The thing is that when I convert with Calibre it makes an entire folder for the converted file, so what I need help with is a way to make Calibre convert the file to MOBI but just that! No folders no nothing just the end result, the converted ebook to mobi. Is there a way to do that?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I don't have an appropriate file handy for testing, but you might try 1. adjusting the Preferences -> Import/Export -> Saving Books to Disk -> Save Template option or 2. using the command-line converter as documented at ebook-convert ? calibre User Manual , if you can stand to do so (might be difficult if you have complex options).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Any book, the moment you put it into Calibre, will be given folders. Calibre is ebook management library, so it auto-sort when you put a book into it. When you convert a book, it will be put into the same folder under the same author (depends on how you set it).

If you don't want any folder at all, why don't you use online converter? Or you can use mobireader to convert it

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by tina21 View Post
    I have a lot of ePub and PDF ebooks that I want to convert to MOBI for my Kindle Fire. The thing is that when I convert with Calibre it makes an entire folder for the converted file, so what I need help with is a way to make Calibre convert the file to MOBI but just that! No folders no nothing just the end result, the converted ebook to mobi. Is there a way to do that?
    I don't think you can do that it makes the folders because it need them; that’s how the program organizes the books and authors. When it creates a folder four files usually go into it.

1 the cover image.
    2 the original format of your book [PDF / Word]
    3 converted into format [E-PUB / MOBI]
    4 & the metadata opf files.

If you delete the folders you’ll still have to keep all the content of the folders or else all the tag, series, publishers, ratings and so on will disappear, that stuff is in the metadata files & the covers they would disappear too. They don’t work like rar files where everything is inside the one package, although that would be cool if it worked that way.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Aomine (L10)Kagami KnB (L9)Light (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L6)Haruka Nanase (L6)Aizen (L1)
    KyuubiIchigo (L2)Hiroki (L4)

if you still need to convert, go to convertfiles.com. the convert epub files to mobi.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by beatlemom82 View Post
    if you still need to convert, go to convertfiles.com. the convert epub files to mobi.
    This is better calibre - E-book management ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

tina21
    Thanks guys, apparently the folder is unavoidable :/ Pity really 'cos going in and out 200-300 folders to send the mobi to my kindle is so not ideal and for some reason Calibre doesn't want to see my Kindle ><

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Thanks guys, apparently the folder is unavoidable :/ Pity really 'cos going in and out 200-300 folders to send the mobi to my kindle is so not ideal and for some reason Calibre doesn't want to see my Kindle ><
    Open Calibre and select the preference tab, then go to run welcome wizard. select the kindle e-reader brand when you setup you options. hope that fixes your issue.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, naire.
    As for myself, I have seldom tried to make Calibre convert the file to MOBI. I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes to
    PDF conversion process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to PNG converting , PDF to BMP converting , and PDF to JPG converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Pan