aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Gyokuyou (female) (L1)Roy Mustang (L10)Mato (L2)
    Kuugen (female) (L1)Firion (L2)Gyokuyou (L1)
    Kagami (L4)Balthier (L6)Star 1 (Silver)

I'm one of those who'd welcome the idea of having a small gender icon under/in our postbits. You don't need to fill in anything if you don't want to reveal your gender right? But for those who want their gender to be known, it would be so much more convenient. And there are users who don't like to put the phrase 'aarinGirl/Guy' in their signatures..
    Like simplyme said, why go over the lenght of writing something in your profile, joining aaringirls/guys groups, when a small icon could solve it?
    I don't think it would do harm to anyone..

Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyme View Post
    No, it's not forcing. It would be forcing if you had to share your gender. If you don't feel comfortable sharing it, then don't. That's the entire point. You don't have to anything. Just ignore this option.
    To me, even not stating it, is forcing in a way. It is my opinion, and I am sticking with it.

LOL what? Isn't this too overdramatic? If somebody doesn't state their location, nobody is going to thing anything about it (like: "OMG this person is probably from Mars! ) Really, Morg. So because you are afraid that some might think... I don't really know what, about the lack of gender symbol in your postbit, those who want it can't have it? How is that fair?
    And what is against site policy? Thinking?
    I actually have personal experience on the matter, and therefore it is not overdramatic on my part. Just because you feel nothing of it, doesn't mean all would be the same way. I have been on a forums before, where it has created huge dramas. A person has not been stating the gender like majority had, and got nasty comments and even full-out bullying of it. I was a staff-member there, and we had to ban quite a few asses for being overly rude, nasty and insulting towards a member just because they had not felt comfortable sharing the info. So, I am cynical. And honestly, I don't think that everyone in this forum can be found thinking. (Hell, I have seriously gotten a few serious questions concerning the location of Mordor. "Is it in Europe? Near Romania?")
    And I am not afraid, I just don't see why this should be done.
    And the against site policy-comment was obviously made for the forcing-part, that you can't see from my point of view.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for JapanTsuna (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Bonten (L10)Wolfram (L10)Wolfram (L8)
    Wolfram (L1)Ciel (L9)Ciel (L5)

Oh. I see. You had some bad experiance and you're cynical so let's not have a gender icon on aarin.

Anyway! I guess everything depends on Dai and as we know, he's very busy. But, who knows, maybe someday. I'm just glad we could discuss it.

Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyme View Post
    Oh. I see. You had some bad experiance and you're cynical so let's not have a gender icon on aarin.
    Sorry, seems like you didn't get my point, which was: Just because you see no issues that might result from this option, or no problem with this, it doesn't mean that they don't exist.

//Done with this topic now, since Cabbit has answered and I made my concerns clear

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post
    For now the icon option will not be happening since once you pick your gender, you are stuck with it. If Dai is able to find a way to have it be optional or changed then maybe this will be opened up again, but as Dai is gonna be busy for a bit, it will not be anytime soon.
    That answers the question, thanks!!!

I actually want the gender icon for myself, not other people I just wanna little pink "girl" icon ... I'm silly like that, I know XDDD

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Youji (L1)Natsuo (L2)Seimei (L8)
    Ritsuka (L4)Soubi (L4)
    If there was one I'd use it... and lie. Since there isn't i'm fine being genderless.

I've been on plenty of sights with the gender option and rarly used it simply beacuse I prefer the privacy. Other times I think it's fun to make people guess.

There are always curious people or ready to start emo flame wars over any little thing either way.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post
    For now the icon option will not be happening since once you pick your gender, you are stuck with it. If Dai is able to find a way to have it be optional or changed then maybe this will be opened up again, but as Dai is gonna be busy for a bit, it will not be anytime soon.
    Great! Thanks! That would be awesome to have it "optional".

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Sougo (L7)Dino (L4)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Aoshi (L1)(S035) HisokaAyame (L4)
    Makoto Tachibana (L10)Spacer 1Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by Deshera View Post
    If there was one I'd use it... and lie. Since there isn't i'm fine being genderless.

I've been on plenty of sights with the gender option and rarly used it simply beacuse I prefer the privacy. Other times I think it's fun to make people guess.

There are always curious people or ready to start emo flame wars over any little thing either way.
    i agree with you...it's up to you if you want to share your gender to your friends but for privacy reasons, let;s leave it be

Bartz
    Mmm...
    I guess in Real Life, gender is overrated... (I know about that, since many in my country still think that being female means you are less that males... which is fairly stupid. )

As for me, I've never had problem with people calling me either a "he" or a "she"... but the Bartz gender still needs to be discovered and written about in science books to know what I truly am because not even I know hehehe
    It's nice to have a place in the online life where people can call you what you wish you were or what you feel you are (y'know, all the "brain gender" issue? ^w^).

I remember back in high school our group was one with the most homosexual and bisexual members (me included) and we were usually beaten up by others in school just because of that. And our principal once said: "Does a penis or vagina mean so much? People are not aknowledged for what hangs beneath their pants but for who they are." I guess that's just the right thing and why Internet is so special

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

I really have no opinion on this debate as I don't care for it. Whatever the staff decides I'll go with it, but seems like it won't be an option.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234