aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    in my own dreamland filled with bishies >.<
    Savings

Asami (L5)Heart 1 (Red)(S013) Akihito
    (S009) HaviHeart 1 (Blue)(S005) Valdrigue
    Pray for Japan(S003) LelouchLuka Crosszeria (L1)

Lamento installation guide

I've noticed that there are quite a number of pple asking for help regarding installation problems with Lamento, so I've decided to put up this step by step guide to help those in need. Hopefully it can solved all if not most of the problems. Feel free to drop a note here if you don't understand what I've posted or add in more help tips if I have missed out any, because my comp is Windows XP. Of course your comp system has to be set to Japanese before installing and playing of BL games (if you are unsure how to do this do check out the BL Game FAQ thread for further details). here it goes...^^

PS: for those who are wondering where i download the game from which may affect whether this installation guide works...below is the link to the place i downloaded my lamento game. i downloaded it frm Firestorm717
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f153/t54955-lamento-~beyond-the-void~.html

Lamento installation guide.

1. Install the game and run the 2 patches (LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102) that you have in the downloaded folder.
    When installing and you are prompt to key in the serial number, look for the notepad file in your Lamento folder that is called コノエたん. The serial number is in there.
    Double Click on the files to install the patches.

2. Next, visit the Nitro+chiral offical website to get the newer (Vista) patch for the game. For that, as the website has been updated...click on the link provided here to get to the page. Lamento DVD support(<<<--click on the link) *thanks to GravityBlessing for this note on getting the DVD support...*

3. Once that page is loaded, click on the link that says ※Vista対応アップデートファイル(HTTP・自己解凍)

Download the file and run (double click to install) the updated patch (LmtDVDVer200).

*Regarding whether XP users need to install the Vista patch, I've tested it out...it seems that without the Vista patch, the system seemed laggy (for me at least..especially when i try to edit the configuration...quite a fair bit of problem there)...after installing the Vista patch it worked normally again...so i do recommend installing the Vista patch

continue on the next post....^^
    Last edited by hydra_chan; 12-25-2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: additional information

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Lamento installation guide part 2

4. Right Click on your Daemon tool at the system tray area.
    Go to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM > Set number of devices > select 2 drives

5. Once that is done, mount boot.iso on the first drive (device 0).
    Then mount LAMENTO_DVD.iso (is the file tat is a zip file and is named LAMENTO_DVD in the folder) on the second drive (device 1).

6.This is what you will see when your game loads properly.

If you click on CONFIG, your version information should show this…

This is basically what I've done to install Lamento and I've gotten my friend to test it out, and she is able to play the game. I hope this is useful and Lamento can now work on your comp~*^^*

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some important points that GravityBlessing has pointed out in the posts that I think shld be added to the guide on the first page, for easier installation. All the notes below are frm her after days of her painstaking installation process to get her game to work....hopefully they are of help to others too~! (do drop by page4 of the thread to give thanks to her too!^^)

If there is still problems with your game, these are the things to check through, when trying to reinstall the game....

GravityBlessing's Additional Notes

-Install game files.
    I think a lot of people forget to check this so I'll say it. Make sure that you have DirectX version 9.00 or higher! You need it to make this game work.

-Make sure that you have the 2 DVD patches (LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102).

-Go to this page -> Lamento DVD Support and click on the highlighted button -> ★.Windows Vista対応アップデートファイル(07/9/7)

-Go down a bit and you'll find a link with this name: ※Vista対応アップデートファイル(HTTP・自己解凍 17.4MB). Click on it and download. This gives you not the LmtCDVer200 but instead, you get LmtDVDVer200.
    (I've edited this part in my guide, but still do check that you have downloaded the correct patches^^)

-Place the patches (DVDVer101, DVDVer102, and DVDVer200) into your game folder. You run them after.*
    *I don't know if it matters but I ran the patches in order, from 101, then 102, then 200. Also, do not run LmtCDVer200. There's no point since you have LmtDVDVer200 patch. I just got rid of mine.

-Check if your Daemon Tools has two virtual drives. If you do, mount boot.iso in the first drive. Don't worry, it's supposed to be empty like that. On the second drive, you mount Lamento_DVD (not the .mds file). If the program opens by itself, click Game Start. If it doesn't, click the Lamento -Beyond the Void- game icon either from your desktop shortcut icon or directly from your game folder.
    -Hope that the game works this time.
    Last edited by hydra_chan; 12-25-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: additional notes frm GravityBlessing

4. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_chan View Post
    This is what you will see when your game loads properly.
    If you click on CONFIG, your version information should show this…
    my config is different... does it matter?

SCREEN VERSION 1.00
    SCRIPT VERSION 1.00

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Konoe (L2)Minato (L6)Zidane (L2)
    Abe (L2)Russia (L3)Haruhi (L2)
    Ciel (L9)Near (L9)Rai Lamento (L9)

it's just patches

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
    my config is different... does it matter?

SCREEN VERSION 1.00
    SCRIPT VERSION 1.00
    Well, it means yours is version 1.00, that's as if you didn't patch it.

Did you patch it with the files on nitrochiral.com ? Most people patched it to fix some bugs.

I can't reach the config page at all... I don't know why. I played other games like Enzai(Jpanese one) and Kuro no tsuki... only this is kinda troublesome... I usually can install and execute these programs. Maybe I missed something.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

sorry for not being able to help previously...was busy with sch...thanks (bluebb & KuMo) for the notification for the missing link to the version 2.00 patch...I've just updated the link...will be uploading the patch for easier downloading of the patch soon...will post an update once i've uploaded the patch file...^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nezumi (L4)Gilbert (L4)Sion (L4)
    Sinbad (L6)Kurama (L7)Envy (L2)
    Zidane (L2)Sunao (L2)Lady Oscar (L2)
    I have a question...

My system is Windows XP, does the "Vista" patch still applies to it? or can I just play without it?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_chan View Post
    I have a question...

My system is Windows XP, does the "Vista" patch still applies to it? or can I just play without it?
    you would most probably have to install the "vista" patch too, because i did that for mine to get it to work....

i'll be re-confirming this after tomorrow (having exams at the moment), hopefully i would be able to help out with the problems that Lamento is causing ><

i've tried it out, XP users would need to install the Vista patch...due to some system lag problems that i had experience with out install the Vista patch...so i do recommend installing it.
    Last edited by hydra_chan; 11-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by 2351156 View Post
    How come I only get this?

To SkyEaten too~! same error message, should be the same problem and here's the solution, i hope it will work fine after this....

I think this is most probably because you did not mount the boot.iso file and the LAMENTO_DVD file on the Daemon tools. To mount two files on Daemon tools, you have to set the Virtual CD/DVD Rom device to 2 devices, i've written it in the guide on how to set the it to 2 devices instead of the usual 1, do check it out.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GravityBlessing View Post
    It's okay! Thanks for the fast reply, by the way! I don't know if this helps but these are the errors I get with the game.

Game Start w/o patches - Black Screen
    Game Start w/ Patch 101/102 - Black Screen
    Game Start w/ Patch 101, 102, 200 - "Insert Correct DVD-ROM and restart application."

My computer is Windows XP and is set in Japanese for Non-Unicode programs. Take your time please, I just want to play the game whenever I can =D
    sounds like the same error message that SkyEaten and 2351156 has, is yours the same error message too? if yes, similarly check that your Daemon tools' Virtual CD/DVD Rom devices is set to 2 then as mention in the guide, mount the boot.iso file then the LAMENTO_DVD.iso file repectively in the mentioned device number slot. once done, you can then click on game start or the game icon, it should bring you to the game start screen.
    Last edited by hydra_chan; 12-23-2009 at 05:35 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Keita (L1)TimcanpyAllen (L1)
    Chiaki (L1)
    Hi again!!! I finally got it to work! On my laptop, by the way. There was nothing wrong with it actually... lol

I looked at the patch names for a second and I noticed that 2 of the patches said DVD in them while the Vista patch said CD in it. This is what I did to get mine to work:

-Install game files.
    I think a lot of people forget to check this so I'll say it. Make sure that you have DirectX version 9.00 or higher! You need it to make this game work.
    -Make sure that you have the 2 DVD patches (LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102).
    -Go to this page -> Lamento DVD Support and click on the highlighted button -> ★.Windows Vista対応アップデートファイル(07/9/7)
    -Go down a bit and you'll find a link with this name: ※Vista対応アップデートファイル(HTTP・自己解凍 17.4MB). Click on it and download. This gives you not the LmtCDVer200 but instead, you get LmtDVDVer200.
    -Place the patches (DVDVer101, DVDVer102, and DVDVer200) into your game folder. You run them after.*

*I don't know if it matters but I ran the patches in order, from 101, then 102, then 200. Also, do not run LmtCDVer200. There's no point since you have LmtDVDVer200 patch. I just got rid of mine.

-Check if your Daemon Tools has two virtual drives. If you do, mount boot.iso in the first drive. Don't worry, it's supposed to be empty like that. On the second drive, you mount Lamento_DVD (not the .mds file). If the program opens by itself, click Game Start. If it doesn't, click the Lamento -Beyond the Void- game icon either from your desktop shortcut icon or directly from your game folder.
    -Hope that the game works this time.

It took me time to get the problem with the patches and I wanted to share it with everyone. Hope this helps other people with their problems!!

EDIT: Now I have a different problem... sheesh... I dunno if this is the place to ask but whenever I go click on any answer for the first choice, the game suddenly stops working... I'm kinda getting annoyed with this game. Ah... I wish I had some comfort food, ice cream would work...

CounterEdit: Please ignore my edit... I forgot to set my computer to Japanese so it didn't work very well. Everything works perfectly now!
    Last edited by GravityBlessing; 12-23-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by kaasy View Post
    Hi~~ I'm spanish so sorry for my english...isn't very good... u.u
    well... the situation:
    i'm download this game here of the 20-part of mediafire, I try to installed the patches but there are errors, I try to install it with double click in them. And when I installed the game appear a black screen and the game doesn't run.
    If the instalation of patches isn't be correct, can you explain me?

I don't know if i have set the japanese on my computer, sometimes I saw japanese characters but other times they don't appear correctly -.-"
    Is it important in the game?
    And Is here an explanation to instal japanese?

Thank you very much and... again sorry for my bad english u.u
    Hi there,
    it is important to set your computer system to Japanese before installing the game (mainly most of the BL games found in this forum requires you to do so), otherwise the games will not run properly. As to how to set your computer to Japanese system, if your computer is running on Windows XP system, this is what you do:
    1. Go to Control Panel
    2. Click on Regional and Language Options
    3. Then click the Advance tab
    4. Under the section, Language for non-Unicode programs, select Japanese and click the 'Ok' button.
    5. After applying the settings, your computer will prompt you to restart, go ahead and restart the computer.
    6. Your computer system should be Japanese now.
    (one easy way to check if your computer is in Japanese system, click on "My Documents" and then any folder in there, at the 'Address' bar, you can see the path name that you have taken for example: C:\My Documents\My Pictures. But instead of the normal way that it is written when in english system (like the example above), the "\" will change to a Yen sign instead.)

For Windows Vista, I'm not very sure (not a Vista user ><M) but you can check out the FAQ thread of this section. There should be a short guide on how to do change your computer system to Japanese for Vista users.

As for whether you have installed the patches correctly, GravityBlessing has mentioned in her previous post that you have to install the patches in order, 101, 102 then 200.
    To check if installation is done, after double clicking the patch file to launch it, it will pop up a window asking you to confirm the installation process. Once the patching each file is done, you should see a pop up message saying that the update has completed. The message looks like this:

With your computer system set to Japanese, you should see the same message, without question marks or unreadable text.

hope this helps^^

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast