aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Introduction and why I created this group

1. Dark Adonis
    Dark Adonis
    Greetings everyone! I hope you all enjoy the group.

I have seen lots of hate for the character of Light Yagami, not only on aarin, but all over the internet. While I believe that these people are entitled to their opinion, I can't deny that it makes me feel a bit upset to see a character whom I like and respect in a lot of ways being bashed with such passionate hatred. Something that I find ironic is that a lot of these people are fans of other anime villains. Sometimes, these are really evil villains such as Dr. Muraki. It is a bit baffling to me to see the same people that practically cheer for a serial killer/rapist display such disgust for Light (that said, I am a Muraki lover myself). I have seen those who like and/or support Kira get attacked as well.

This group is a place where people can express their pro-Kira views without getting practically mauled. I also believe that it is a good idea to have a group where people don't have to agree on everything, but that we can respect each others views. I suppose you could call this a political group as much as you could call it an anime/manga group. Your stance on issues in Death Note certainly has potential to carry on over into the real world as well.

How that that is over with, go ahead and introduce yourselves...
  2. Yamirou
    Yamirou
    Hello I'm Yamiro and I support Kira! I had similar views to him since I was a child, so it came to me almost naturally, though it is very interesting how can a person hate criminals and love Muraki (I'm like this too) and other villains from various animes. Are good looking, charismatic people are viewed and judged differently?

There are things I can't forgive Kira, like killing L (and losing!)... but for the most part I agree with him. Some people just don't deserve to live and sometimes the Justice can't prevail over Evil...
  3. seth
    seth
    Hello!
    I'm seth and I'm a long time supporter of Kira. I love the way he thinks and the way he act.
    He's no. 1 in my favorite villian list.
  4. Dark Adonis
    Dark Adonis
    Yamirou: My take on Light killing L is that one of them had to die in the end. Since I am a Kira supporter, my choice would have been L. Of course, Light ended up losing in the end to Near. Since L was trying to catch Light and Light would have either gotten the death penalty or life in prison, I really can't blame him for killing L. If anything, I thought it was more cruel how he made Rem do it for him (although I can see why he did that as well).

I think there are two reasons that we like villains in fantasy but not in reality. Firstly, we can distance ourselves from what they do since they aren't real. I may love Muraki, but I would NEVER want to meet him in real life. Also, fictitious villains are cool. They just have a style and personality that makes them awesome. Real life evil people generally don't.

seth: He's number 5 on mine. I know. Blasphemy!
  5. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    @yami - Ack, please no spoilers! I'm still in the middle of reading the series, and would appreciate a warning or two before any revealing of big plots.

Otherwise this thread'd just turn into a big spoilers discussion.
  6. Dark Adonis
    Dark Adonis
    Gizmo: Spoilers are pretty much inevitable. In the future though, I will try to make any spoiler text black so that it won't show up as well and will have to be highlighted to be read. Is that good?
  7. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Yep, that's good. Like I said, a warning would be great!

Or even using a "spoiler" tag would be better.
  8. Yamirou
    Yamirou
    Dark Adonis - well, L could always join in with Kira! They wouldn't need to die that way ^__^ I know the death could be the only outcome, but really, L isn't any better than Kira in my opinion. Self righteous little prick (I'm saying this with all the love I hold for him).

Gizmo - sorry, I thought about writing "spoiler" but I decided against it, thinking that everyone already knew what happened. It will be impossible to talk about Kira without knowing all the things that he did. So... sorry?
  9. suiitsunohime
    suiitsunohime
    Hi! I'm suiitsu (I'll just shorten my username like that and make it easier...)

Yagami Raito is one of my favorite characters, even if, like MOST anime villains, I don't agree with what he does. Not to mention I do love L... however, I can't deny that Kira is pretty awesome in of himself. I think the series is very interesting in the way that it shows how power and good intention can corrupt. Obviously, Raito started out with his intention to just cleanse the world of the evil people.

/START SPOILER?

And you can call him that paranoid when he finds out the FBI is after him. Of course he's technically killing people that haven't "done anything wrong," however, he's also, in a way, protecting himself and his intention. Not to mention, depending on how you look at it, he and L aren't much different. At least, from what I gather when I watch it, L is more in it for the thrill of the chase, not to protect the innocent.

/END SPOILER?

Not sure if anything I said are things people don't know already, but I wanted to make sure.
  10. tuti
    tuti
    Hello I'm Tuti ^^ I want to say I love Kira and L, both are very intelligent characters but I think I would do the same as Light if I had the Death Note in my hands too (well in a awesomeless way XD)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast