aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Feedback (AKA: criticism)

1. paplou
    paplou
    @D.Ace: So many versions I'll try to comment generally?^^

I like the red-yellow colours combination you chose for the bg. It complements Luffy's render. The sigs could use a little bit of blending though, to add depth to the overall image. Try adding a texture (something with motion, or cloud maybe?) and set it to soft light or lighten, lower the opacity. As for the quote placement, it would look better if the quote is placed lower. See, when I put text next to main focus, I sort of eyeball it and try to make the quote flow better with the main focus.

Personally, I like #1 colouring (it's warm and comforting <3) but am not fond of drop shadow effect in it.

As an example:

Quote placed at point one so when your eyes look at it, it'll lead to the main focus.
    Another thing I'd like to add is try not to put your render smack in the middle. Place it a little bit to the side (not too much though) so when you put text next to your main focus, there's enough space. You'll be able to balance your sig composition that way. I hope what I just wrote make sense and helpful for you XD;;
  2. D.Ace
    D.Ace
    Not sure if the mention thing is not working or I'm just doing it wrong but hopefully you'll see this @paplou;
    Thanks for the feedback! <3 Here are the changes I made

I moved Luffy to the left maybe a bit more would have been okay. I did put a little shadow drop in the font because the white was hard to see. I also blurred and sharpened parts of it. I'm not sure if I did the texture thing right (Filter ->Render ->Clouds?). The texture really darkened or brighten the color drastically even though I had the opacity to 10%~ which is why you can hardly tell I added a cloud render.
    Any other feedback, changes, tips?
  3. D.Ace
    D.Ace
    Whoops forgot to cut that part out :P
  4. paplou
    paplou
    Placement-wise, much more better
    Though it's still not well blended^^ When I said add in texture to say, give some movement/make it blended in, I mean using other textures, like a C4D, fractal or whatever that you think will rock your sig. Luffy pops out prettily but sadly, he sticks out too much he doesn't look like he naturally belongs in that bg/environment. So you use another texture to sort of hide the bottom part of him.

For example: use bokeh this texture

set it to lighten and arrange it so the bokeh lights cover his bottom left and right side. Erase parts that you think obscure his face or looks unnatural. The bokeh lights texture is already in round-ish shape. So it won't just cover the bottom parts and makes Luffy blended in, it'll also give some sort of movement/flow to the overall image.

Then ta-da!
  5. Halite75
    Halite75
    You can also adjust the transparency on Luffy to make him blend in more.
  6. D.Ace
    D.Ace
    Thanks for your advice paplou & Halite75
    I probably bombed this again but here we go.

I think blending was hard for this one because of that white border around luffy, It makes him look like a stamp hence sticking out.
    Also made this in my spare time.
  7. bowe
    bowe
    Anyone still around?

Entered a bout of ps fever after over a year-long break. Would like a little cc?
  8. D.Ace
    D.Ace
    I think the people in this thread are mia sadly. I wished mentioned worked in groups so it would be easier to keep track and get this group active. Hopefully people will come back
  9. peilicanhelican
    peilicanhelican
    I don't think people really check this thread anymore :/
    it gets very little traffic despite all them members ><
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920