aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. Wasabi2001
    Wasabi2001
    @BeArOOcKpRiNxEsS: if it happen today, give it a day or two so you can recover after this, think of it as a block and just relax, so you can have a good mood again and pass the moment of you PC formatting....the same was with me and the plaster on my right hand.... but after a few days I start doing thing with my left both in RL and with the gfx
  2. Bear
    Bear
    You're right. I'm kinda fine now.
    I got another problem. I sometimes make sig... like.. erm... bigger than the forum limit.
    How can I make it smaller in size? I tried deleting some textures, but if I do... it's not.. well.. you know.. the sig anymore. Lol. If you get what I mean..
  3. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    Are you saving your files as .png? If you are, are you also flattening the image before you save it that way? If you don't flatten the image, it will be a lot larger (usually larger than the forum allows). By flattening the image, you reduce the file size without taking away from the look of the signature. I always do it after I save my psd file...just make sure you do save as .png afterwards...it's awful if you flatten your psd. If you are already flattening your image, then I'm not sure what else you can do to reduce the file size.
  4. Bear
    Bear
    I'm REALLY new to this.. thus.. I will ask.. what is flatten and how to flatten? )
  5. SecretlyCares
    SecretlyCares
    I think flattening = merging all the (visible) layers.

Try saving as *.gif, with the highest possible settings.
  6. Halite75
    Halite75
    When you are finished add a blank layer on top of all your layers and then go to Image-->Apply Image. This will create a layer that has the layers below it merged into image layer (leaving all your other layers in tact so you can go back and edit hem if needed). Alternately, you can try to save it as a PNG 8 instead of PNG 24, just make sure to max the colors up to 256 and check the interlaced box. Unchecking the interalced box in the PNG 24 save mode will also reduce file size. Also, there is always the option to save your image as jpg.
  7. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    In my program if you right click on your top layer, there should be a selection that says "flatten image" (I can't remember off the top of my head if that is what it says since I've done it so much). It's usually the very bottom selection you can choose from.

@secretlycares ~ If you merge your layers I believe you will lose the settings you have on the layers (if you have a layer on multiply/screen, you will lose that setting when you merge the layers) so I don't do it to reduce the file size. I only merge layers when I'm making a background using multiple textures that need to flow better.
  8. Bear
    Bear
    I got a new question..
    How do you decide on what the size of your sig would be? Thanks ! <3
  9. Halite75
    Halite75
    The size of the siggy for me depends on the character image I'm using. Some pictures you need more space for and some don't require as much room.
  10. gollumsfriend
    gollumsfriend
    Same for me BeArOcKpRiNxEsS.....I base it on the size of the character image I'm using just like Halite75 said.

Big character image, I'll go with the max 500x250, or 500x225. Average size character image I'll go 500x200 or 475x200.

If I'm making a sig for myself, I usually go 475x190, since I wear custom cards in my sig and combined height can't be more than 250.
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast