aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Member Introductions & Chit Chat

1. ManyVoices
    ManyVoices
    Which graphics editing program(s)/drawing programs are you familiar with?
    Umm I'm using Photoshop CS6 extended but an so new to this it's frightening

How long have you been using these programs?
    Two many three days from this post

What kind of things do you create (or want to create) in the graphics editing program(s)?
    Sigs, Banners, Photo retouch/edits, basically want to learn what this program can do and what I can do with it

What do you hope this group will help you with?
    Tutorials, answer questions when I get stuck, feedback on what I have made.

Anything else we should know about you?
    I'm fairly computer literate and a quick learner but need instruction for some things (like working with layers). I like art but not real artsy so I find this program a bit daunting.
  2. gs1
    gs1
    I'm currently using Photoshop CS5 extended (albeit not very well )

I've used earlier versions of Photoshop lightly for several years. Mostly doing silly photo manips, etc.

What kind of things do you create (or want to create) in the graphics editing program(s)?
    I'm interested in creating better signatures, avatars, banners, profiles, you name it. I'm also very intrigued with animation. (edited to clarify: I am interested in learning more about how animation is done well just for reference, not because I want to automatically animate everything I do)

I am completely in awe of the level of talent that you guys have. It's intimidating, but I will try my best and I hope for some encouragement and help at improving my technical and artistic skills, which are sadly lacking. And no, I have no idea why I'm talking like this is such deadly serious business. Must be nerves.

If I ask you for any 'constructive criticism' - just LIE and say it's awesome I am pretty much a dedicated lurker and enjoy reading all sorts of yaoi manga and novels. I've recently discovered the joys of Tiger x Bunny dj. I also have an unfortunate and annoying tendency to overuse emoticons I love dark and dramatic styles, but somehow what I wind up doing is over the top cutesy. I think it's to disguise the lack of skill ("Wow, this is pretty terrib...ooohh, cute cats!").
  3. ritar
    ritar
    ★ Which Photo Editing Program(s)/drawing programs you are familiar with?
    Photoshop CS3, CS5. I even have CS6 but I have never used it. And of course Paint; with my mouse. That program provides me so much fun. It's better than PS.

★ How long have you been using these programs?
    I have been using Paint since I was 8. My bromie's mother is an architect and she had a cool thing (I don't know the proper term for it) with which you could draw using a special pen. On your computer obviously. How much I loved that stuff. Well, I only used that once or twice when I was 10... >D I'm using PS for 5 years. (Still so many things to learn. I bet that program is smarter than me. )

★ What kind of things do you make (or want to make) in Photo Editing programs?
    Signatures. Avatars. Animated drawings. Drawings with my tablet. (Not that I can draw. -.-') Wallpapers. Commissions for others. Cracks. Photo manipulations. Editing manga/DJ. Man...like really really many things.

★ What do you hope this group will help you with?
    Challenging me? If one practices a lot, he will eventually be better, right?

★ Anything else we should know about you?
    So, I like doing fugly cracks. I enjoy doing those the most. I could care less about the pretties.
  4. angyal
    angyal
    ★ Which graphics editing program(s)/drawing programs are you familiar with? None? No.I've been dabbling with GIMP a bit and now I'm using CS2
    ★ How long have you been using these programs? Since today
    ★ What kind of things do you create (or want to create) in the graphics editing program(s)? Sets.
    ★ What do you hope this group will help you with? Everything
    ★ Anything else we should know about you? I suck. And fail. A lot.
  5. brittnibear21
    brittnibear21
    Which graphics editing program(s)/drawing programs are you familiar with? Photoshop (CS3-CS5), GIMP
    How long have you been using these programs? Photoshop has been since 2007, GIMP I just started with in the past 5 months
    What kind of things do you create (or want to create) in the graphics editing program(s)? Currently I create sets, wallpapers, photomanips, custom cards, advertising material, photography and I would love to start using my pen tablet to create digital sketches and paintings.
    What do you hope this group will help you with? I hope this group will help me grow as a graphic designer. I really value other's inputs and suggestions. I also hope to be able to help others when and where I can.
    Anything else we should know about you? I love to answer questions, so any you have... lets go
  6. sirvorn
    sirvorn
    I am most familiar with Photoshop CS3 and Photoshop CS4 ^^
    My familiarity with GIMP totally flew out the window when I got Photoshop

I've only been using photoshop for about...3 years. I used to play around with GIMP and Paint before that. But I'm not particularly skilled with any programs; I really do just play round ^^

Well, I'd like to be able to create signatures and avatars and layouts and such.
    I've made some before but, again, I'm really not that skilled~

I hope this group will help me improve my bland, simple, repetitive style of making graphics I also hope to make some new friends who have interests in the same ting I do :P

I'm pretty easy going and I love to meet new people! I'm a senior in high school and I tend to have a lot of free time :P Can't wait to get started!
  7. kinsugi
    kinsugi
    ★ Which graphics editing program(s)/drawing programs are you familiar with?
    I wouldn't say "familiar." I've used freeware Graphic Converter and a Paint clone (for Mac) to add text to things or crop images. I've only messed around with color shifts, saturation, hues...

★ How long have you been using these programs?
    Almost not at all. I was discouraged by a PS class I tried to take awhile ago; it was supposed to be an introduction to CS5 but all the other students were design majors who were already using the program... so it didn't work out for an actual beginner. I finally used a student deal to get PS (CS6) recently so I can learn on my own! ...if I can figure out the books and tutorials.

★ What kind of things do you create (or want to create) in the graphics editing program(s)?
    Sets to feed my addiction, maybe a couple of profiles for myself later. I wanna find out how sometimes an artist can get a lot of depth in an image while maintaining sharp clarity for primary focus/image, instead of everything getting muddy or fuzzy.

★ What do you hope this group will help you with?
    When I have questions, or have trouble in tutorials, I'll be happy to have a place to go! And I'll be eager to get feedback/concrit when I finally can begin making something of my own.

★ Anything else we should know about you?
    I do have some initial questions to help me get started. I have a couple books from the library and gonna try to get through the basics (for set purposes) this summer... rendering, layers, brushes... basically finding my way around a complicated screen full of tiny print with tons of options everywhere, and figuring out what I actually need for my limited purposes out of the thousands of things the program is capable of doing. It doesn't seem very user friendly and the tiny fonts will be a problem.

Equipment questions - Got recs?
    I can already see I'm going to need an external monitor; any recs? Do you guys use tablets? Special mice? I'm on a 15" MacBook Pro at the moment and it will clearly be inadequate; magnifying to see sections makes it even more confusing...

Thanks for being here!
  8. mermydgurl
    mermydgurl
    First off, I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this group!

Photoshop Elements 7-12, and recently Photoshop CC. Which is so different from what I'm used to.

On and off for about 4 years. I got Elements 7 as a bundle from my college, and then my computer crashed and I used the newer Elements versions. Right now, I'm using a trial version of CC to see if it's better.

I've created sets, backgrounds, calendars, and logos with Elements. I'd like to learn how to make other things if I can.

I'm desperate to learn how to make better sets.

I make graphics mainly for fun. It's not something I do seriously, just something I've played around with and taught myself how to use.
  9. Laraski48
    Laraski48
    I think i haven't answered these yet, so here you go:

Photoshop CS4 and 3. Currently i have CS3, cause my old comp that crashed completely had CS4.

Um... 6-7 years.

Sets with stories or moment in them. Anything that gives me inspiration.

Get same minded friends and see tips to small things.

No where...
  10. Dragonfire Inferno
    Dragonfire Inferno
    I can't believe I haven't answered this yet. I thought I did...:

I started out with PS7, before getting PS CS2 which I stuck with for a couple of years since I was really comfortable with it. Now I'm using CS6 because my old laptop with all my old graphics is out of commission.

6-7 years, give or take.

I mainly create signatures, icons, and headers. I want to learn how to get better at making wallpapers, and just about everything dealing with typography because I'm horrible at it.

Improving in the areas I have difficulty with, like typography.

I'm open to all kinds of C&C and feedback as I'm still on the path of improving, and I don't mind helping others out with something. Also I haven't made a decent (well, decent to me at least) sig in about a year give or take, so I might be a bit rusty compared to the last time I was actively making graphics.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast