xD
    the last part is a lie xD
    well i thought she is one of these multitasking girls who can
    write sms
    talk
    and surfing in the web xD
  2. melon321
    melon321
    ohoh movies, we could do some movie meetings or something too o:!
  3. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    I agree on that! we need a huge tv... lotsa time and... movies! I'm against an anime-evening... xD
    We should watch Brokeback Mountain (so that I finally see it too), Death at a funeral, Sommersturm ( soooo wanna see that)...

Therefore... meeting-place should be parents-free :3
  4. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    Sommersturm *____*

totally agree!
  5. melon321
    melon321
    lol brokeback mountain yay <:
    and yea sommersturm is totally worth watching again :3
  6. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    why are you talking about movies, when you include series and OVAs as well? This is confusing.

@azure_sea
    gay hints are made throughout the entire history of films. A lot classic movies have them.

gay hints
    The Servant (1963)
    wow. such a contrast between beginning and end. Love it. Great movie.

Shane (1953)
    that little boy has such a HUGE crush Shane.. and the father is also interested in him^^
    "You talkin' to me?"
    Besides the fact, that I get the urge to kill that boy it is a pretty good movie. You either can lean back enjoy the whole thing or look for little boxes with a lot of interesting things in it. For me the most intersting thing was how Shane feels the urge to be part of the family, trying to be a homesteader even though he knows he isn't and never will be. After killing Ryker and Wilson he finally accepts that. "There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley." This also shows the ambivalence the westerner find himself in. In order to protect the "civilized world" he has to become an out-law. Also impressive how much the homesteaders express to the audience that frontier law and state law is something different. You're on your own and have to find a way to protect yourself, your family and your land. But Also the counterpart of Ryker is a men very similar to Joe, only he had to chose the gun, which you see when both talking to each other on the farm. Also shown that Ryker is able to learn and to deal with Joe in simple not walking through the river at the "final invitation" is pretty impressive.
    If you wanne see a well done movie watch Shane!

Rope (1948)
    *hehe* I like such things where you have a party around a hidden corpse Just the ending was kinda dull :-/

Moon Child (2003)
    *cry* this such a sad movie! on a personal level and from social and societal point of view. *snob* it's just too sad, but it has a good ending.. well maybe depending on how you see it. I like it.

Einstein and Eddington (2008)
    Very cool movie including David Tennant and Andy Serkis!

openly gay themed movies
    Chun gwong cha sit (1997)
    It's sad but good.

Another Country (1984)
    First I didn't know what to expect when it started in Russia and frankly I don't know about that now, it doesn't even seem to be a "frame" like in Young Guns II. But the story inside is an interesting and emotional one. Sadly it ends too fast. I would have wanted a bit more explanation at the end. (And a bit more love-scenes in the middle *sniff* they are so cute together!)
    Really sweet. Watch it

Anders als die Anderen (1919)
    This movie was sadly destroyed and had to be restored. But it was well done so only at the end it disturbed the mood because there was the climax and the resolving of it. If you only have a picture with explaining text it takes you out of the illusion.
    But that's due to the history of the movie not the movie itself.
    I love the movie to pieces because it explains and tells about the matter of homosexuality and society in a non judge able way. A lot of movies just have that "mission" to tell people to be tolerant. And they nearly force it. Anders als die Anderen does show intolerance and the consequences but it's not in an attaching way. Some may think the scenes of explanation are too long or over done but I think they show the passion people (here: that professor) have to explain the topic, to be heart about it and in general make it a public topic. I loved it. It was much to read, which made it seem a bit overwhelming and that is actually right. There is more to it then "homosexuality is nothing wrong". They for examples also explained what transvestites are and that it's something different from being homosexual.
    Another scenes I really liked (except all between Paul and Kurt, which are just adorable) was in the courtroom. The look on both Paul and his blackmailer and the judge who HAD TO find Paul guilty even though he didn't want to :-/

Dark Harbor
    Alan Rickman + interesting story + a few surprises. Very good one. Do not watch it for the gayness. watch it because it is good.
    Bent (1997)
    hottest sex scene ever!
    And like almost every movie playing in a concentration camp it is very sad (and tragic)

Sommersturm (2004)
    already mentioned. A nice movie, that shows all factors about gayness but doesn't loose it's main story.

Dare (2005)[short movie]
    Nice but sadly too short.

Das Flüstern des Mondes (2006)
    I really like this movie, refreshing different. And Patrick&Jannis are just so cute together and I so hoped for a happy end.

Echte Kerle (1996)
    really nice movie except for the ending. I'd preferred another pairing

Itsuka no kimi e (2007)
    I loved it! Sense of reality, the settle build up and the surprising turn around with the rather sweet ending. I just would love to know what happens with his studies now.

Boys Love (2006)
    *meh* I didn't like the ending. But the movie was good and sexy^^

Sukitomo (2006)
    The movie is exactly about that what the title says: loving Tomokazu. A sweet movie, that shows how difficult feelings can be and how beautiful.

Ai no kotodama (2008)
    I do like itsuka no kimi e and boys love but this one is more about the relationship and it's hardship at times. Good acting and you really feel that they love each other and it's not about (showing) sex but their deep feelings they had for years now.

Bangkok Love Story (2007)
    I wanted a happy end, and what do I get? Well a good movie and an awesome soundtrack, still.. why did I just know it had to end like this?

Gohatto (1999)
    good movie and surprisingly funny at times.
  7. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    wooooohaaaaaa, such a long list!
    I'll definitely look into some of these! Thanks a lot, dear!
    Thing is, I guess for the first movie-evening we'll have to take something that someone of us has on DVD.

(Though I also have Moon Child - I just don't like it >_>)
  8. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    just some movies I saw in the last 3 years.

if you want to get rid of moon child, I'd gladly take it *g*
  9. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    Damn I totally forgot to mention "Cat on a hot tin roof" It is said that it is more clearly in the play but in the movie the homosexual subtext is also very obvious. But besides that one of the best movies ever! Honestly. And for those who need drooling: it includes Paul Newman^^
  10. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    Sorry for answering late: My Moon Child is not original, it's just a self-bunrt-copy >_> Gomen.

Cat on a hot tin roof... Seen it but never thought about the subtext. You're quite right XD
    I love your view on movies (and your taste in movies)! <3
    Makes me go: weeeeeeeeeeee
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast