aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Other: Growing produce from scraps

1. lv1ath3n
    lv1ath3n
    A number of fruits and vegetables can be easily grown from kitchen scraps or seeds one would normally discard. Well-known examples include lettuce or scallions, which can be regrown in water; potatoes or carrots, which may regrow once buried; squashes or melons, which easily sprout from the planted seed. Exotic produce can also be grown easily using pellets of peat moss, or by folding seeds in one layer of damp paper towel, then sealing in a sandwich bag. Fruits such as kiwi and dragonfruit are filled with hundreds of seeds, and I've had about a 70% success rate with the ones I've sprouted in bags. Recently I've also had a great success rate planting seeds from lemons, limes, thai peppers, and eggplants in peat moss pellets. Of course, you can always buy seeds for anything you plan to use presently, like herbs, etc..
  2. BloodLustX
    BloodLustX
  3. BloodLustX
    BloodLustX
    My family did the regrowing for pineapples recently and one is beautifully growing in a pot at our home now. I didn't eat the first one they did since I wasn't at home during the period, but my parents claimed that it was really sweet and the absence of any chemicals used made them plant another one. I'm waiting for the one growing in the pot now to be done soon so I can verify that statement of sweetness

Edit: I have verified it- It is sweet! <3 Guys, start planting your own pineapples now !
  4. noNeime
    noNeime
    I didn't know about the lettuce!! it's genius! I'll give it a try.

Thanks! ^^
  5. Preeh
    Preeh
    haha, thought I'd try this with a red pepper I had left.
    I put the seeds on some soaked kitchen paper put it in a plate and covered with transparent plastic foil.

Now after two weeks the seed started to sprout and I now have about 124 red pepper seedlings!
    So this really works and keep in mind how many plants you actually can keep, because I have way to many; but tbh I didn't think it would work this well

Will try out some others as well