aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Pasta

1. Preeh
    Preeh
    Here you go: I'm sharing my recipes for pasta dough.

Feel free to add recipes for other dough and comment if you tried this version.

I learned the following recipe while doing an internship in an italian restaurant in 9th grade. It's the most basic one for italian pasta.

Ingredients
    - 400g of flour (preferably wheat)
    - 4 eggs
    - 1 tsp salt
    - 1-2 tblsp olive oil

Preparation
    1. Start by sieving the flour into a bowl or on your cooking surface (the surface version is horribly messy)
    2. Make a pit into the sieved flour.
    3. Add the eggs, the salt and oil into the grove.
    4. Start to knead the ingredients from the outside if you use the surface version (pay attention not to destroy the pit, otherwise the eggs and oil will be all over the place ) That's why I prefer a bowl so you don't have to pay attention to the kneading and can simply mix up all the ingredients.
    5. One you have a nice and firm dough form a sphere, wrap it in a wet towel and place it in your refrigerator for about 15min.
    6. Take it out again and using a rolling pin roll the dough very thinly (1.5 - 2.5 mm) We have a machine that is powered by a hand crank to get the dough into its shape. Alternatively you can use thin wooden ridges in the thickness you want the dough to have and place them on the sides of your rolling pin.
    (7. if it doesn't work at first try place the dough in the fridge so it gets a little bit harder and try it again after another 15min)
    8. Once the dough has the prefered thickness you can slice it into the form that you want (e.g. sheets for lasagna, noodles, ovals for tortellini etc..)
    9. Since the dough has fresh egg in it you can keep it for about 1-2days if you want to store it for longer place it in your freezer (make sure to wrap it airtight - otherwise the pasta will turn into mash once you thaw it again.

Advice on cooking
    - Add the pasta into boiling water with a little salt.
    - Don't add too much pasta or it will stick together. (you can cover it in a little flour to prevent them from sticking together before cooking)
    - The pasta is done once it floats on the surface (which will take about 2-4min) best thing to do - try one to see if their done.
    - After cooking add a little oil or butter to prevent the pasta from sticking together.

Enjoy
  2. Preeh
    Preeh
    green colored dough

Ingredients
    - 400g flour (wheat)
    - 2 eggs
    - 80g blanchéd spinach
    - 1 tsp salt
    - 1-2 tblsp olive oil
    - a pinch of nutmeg

Preparation

- see above
    - Chop the spinach into thin pieces and get rid of the liquid that comes out.
    - Add the spinach pieces into the dough - this will give the dough a green colour.
    - Let it rest in the fridge for 30min instead of 15.
  3. lv1ath3n
    lv1ath3n
    <3 thanks for the info. I did a lasagna from scratch, including pasta, but that was years ago..
  4. BloodLustX
    BloodLustX
    Oooh, thanks for the share. But what about the sauces? D: D: (Cause that's the important part about pastas lol )
  5. sapphireleo
    sapphireleo
    Have a tomato sauce recipe~ (sort of... I like to experiment X,D)

Tomato sauce (duh) or tin or home grown blended and or strained X,D
    (maybe a tiny bit of hinz ketchup but watch out u don't really want that vinegar in it to science afterwards)
    chopped onion
    Crushed clove of garlic
    sage
    parsley
    Oregano
    Paprika
    Pepper of sorts
    salt if necessary (taste if needed)
    maybe a pinch of spices, ie. Cinammon, nutmeg etc.
    a tiny bit of milk or butter to take away some of the possible acidity
    extra virgin olive oil
    (maybe some vegetable oil)
    And a quatre of vegetable stock.

Okay so a enhanced tomato sauce recipe~? Idk X,D
    Anyway if u get the measurements right it should be fine right~?
    but anyway tip; always taste it recipe bit by bit so u know if its getting there/right.

(I doubt this will be useful to anyone, but O well )
    PS. Any embellishments on this always welcome~