aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

I only watched the anime, so I'm wondering about certain characters...

1. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Having only watched the some of the anime, a couple of the characters from Sengoku Basara didn't get a whole lot of lime light, and since the anime is really my only reference, there are certain things I've seen in doujinshis and fanart that confuse me.

First and foremost: What's the story behind Motochika and Motonari? How did the encounter eachother?

And I understand Koujirou's (spellings) relationship to Masumane, but I've seen a lot of references to him getting drugged and then attacking Masumane, so I'm sure it's originally not sexual like all those yummy doujinshi's are implying, but what canon source did something like that happen?

I guess that's all, so any help is appreciated ^^
  2. MipTheHappy
    MipTheHappy
    Motonari and Motochika are both leaders from western Japan. Mouri Motonari is the leader of a mainland coastal area and leads a great navy. Chousokabe Motochika is the leader of a sizeable pirate group based on a nearby island. They cause each other a lot of problems, as can be expected, and thus completely hate each other. They also have totally opposite personalities and ways of ruling their respective armies.

If you're wondering about their lines in the games, here's a link to a translation of everything in Sengoku Basara 2 & Heroes: GameFAQs: Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes (PS2) Script Translation by OboroTennosuke

As far as Kojuro getting drugged, it doesn't happen in 2 or Heroes. It could possibly be a reference to the poison that Matsunaga uses in Kojuro's final stage in Heroes but it's more likely referring to Kojuro's special stance/skill, Moonless Slaughter. When in Slaughter mode, Kojuro loses his temper and is excessively violent. He can't block but his normal attack string changes to become very brutal - he uses punches and head buts and generally gives off a Yakuza vibe. There is a stage where Kojuro duels Masamune but it's similar to their duel in the anime.
  3. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Oh whoa, thank you so much for the info ^^
  4. ReasonX07
    ReasonX07
    Thank you so much!! I kinda noticed a different kind of Kojuurou from a few game plays on youtube (yes, I'm that desperate) and tried to look into doujins and other sources (never found any proper ones). The doujins give a vague idea of drugging though... But thanks for the explanation!!!!!!!!
  5. MipTheHappy
    MipTheHappy
    I just found a couple of Sengoku Basara 2: Heroes videos showing Slaughter mode (the second has parts from all of his story mode, including snips of the introduction of Slaughter mode - you know when he's in it because his hair falls out of place!) so I thought I'd post to show you.

YouTube - 戦国BASARA2 HEROES - 片倉小十郎 - Gokusatsu State
    YouTube - 戦国BASARA2英雄外伝 片倉様の第一衣装を愛でる動画
  6. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Just wondering, can you play each game stand alone?
  7. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Oh yeah, I'm also wondering about the family histories of the characters. Like, how did Yukimura end up serving Oyakata? Is there some familial relationship or something? And Sasuke is in turn sort of serving Yukimura, right? Same with Koujirou to Masamune O.O
  8. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    Ooh, I think you'd have better luck researching the actual people. Sarutobi Sasuke is actually a myth, but sopposedly a part of the Sanada Ten Braves, ten ninja that served the Sanada Clan, specifically Sanada Yukimura.

And the Sanada Clan had served the Takeda before Yukimura's time, so he grew up with serving his Oyakata.

Katakura Kojuurou started out as a junior retainer to Data Masamune's father, before he became Date Masamune's senior retainer...

I think that's about right...
  9. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Okay, something new perked my interest-or rather, disbelief.

Can someone explain why the pairing Masamume and ITSUKI is rather popular? Dx

Nevermind mind the loli-vibes, but is there a legit storyline related reason for these two? I don't know anything about Itsuki, so can someone explain this to me?
  10. Vixcenn
    Vixcenn
    hmm first of all, Sengoku Basara (game/anime) is an adaptation of the historical Sengoku Jidai. I doubt many people knows of this (i've met some 'fans' who're ignorant about the fact that it's based on a real story). Same goes for the video game Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Musou. However, the events happening Samurai Warriors are more accurate than Sengoku Basara (in many ways).

In SenBasa, only Kasuga and Itsuki are not based on real people. Sarutobi Sasuke isn't real? not sure about that but I thought he was >w>"

about Katakura Kojuro; one theory states that it's just a name passed down to any of head of Date clan retainers. So that Katakura Kojuro isn't just one person, but in SenBasa universe that's the only Kojuro.

Masamune x Itsuki is just a fan pairing (just like how we slash the guys). I don't remember anything in the game that makes their relationship spark.