aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

General Discussion

1. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Whoot, I saw them and they're so friggin' awesome ^^

I wanna saw my boy Yukimura too Dx

And something that's been bugging me. What's with Koujirou and the onion/radish? Seriously O.o
  2. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    The leek? It's an in-game joke, a leek is his gag weapon in one of the games. . .Plus, he's a farmer, don't forget he's always in the fields when he's not playing badass samurai or Masamune's lover...sorry, RETAINER...XD
  3. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    There are gag weapons in the games? That's so awesome xD

What do the other characters have as gag weapons then?

And yeah, I forgot about his harvesting hobby

Speaking of Masamune, I've always wondered - was it ever explained how he lost his eye? Is there a historical fact about that, or even something just in Sengoku Basara?
  4. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    There's a historical fact. It's widely believed that he lost it in an illness when he was young, most likely smallpox. How he lost it entirely is up to debate. Some say he tore it out himself, while some believe that he ordered his closest advisor, Katakura Kojuurou, to take it out.

The consequence of his loss of sight his his right eye is also one of the sore points he had with his mother, which caused a bunch of other drama which I find to be much fodder for Masamune-angst....but I digress... :P
  5. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Whoa...His mother hated him so much because he lost his eye? That's just so...mean O.o

I'm inclined to go along with Kojuuro being the one to take it out - even as a kid, I doubt Masamune could really actually take out the infected eyeball. Seriously, that's just gruesome >.<
  6. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    Well, when he lost it entirely, I have no idea. He could well have been a teen.

But yeah, his mother preferred his younger brother, Kojirou (who was only 1-2 years younger than Masamune). It got to the point where his mother tried to poison him, so that Kojirou would succeed as clan head instead, after Masamune inherited the position from his father.

...actually, here's the glossary entry on his mother. It's translated from the japanese wiki, so...

Asphodel's Haven::Translations::Glossary
  7. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Whoa, so Masamune had a little bro whose name sounds a LOT like Kojurro, eh? O.o

Actually, for a long time I'm been calling Kojurro "Kojirou" >.<

According to that entry, Masamune and his mom seemed to have buried the hatchet near the end. Forgiveness, eh?

I'm still curious about Yukimura's history though

Like, how old was he when he started to directly serve Takeda's clan? I guess historically he took his father's place to serve Takeda, right? It's just the anime sort of makes it seems like Yukimura see's Takeda in a paternal light, so sometimes I realize "owait, Yukimura had real parents xD"
  8. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    NEGLECT OF THIS GROUP IS ENDING NOW~!!! And I ACTUALLY BRING SOME RELEVANT NEWS~!!!

Click for links for relevant/official announcements.

Sengoku Basara 3 release date for Europe/Australia= October 15, 2010

Sengoku Basara 3 is also available for pre-order at amazon (NA, UK) and according to the the NA Amazon, will be available October 26, 2010 <-date liable to change as there has yet to be an official announcement concerning the NA release.

ALSO~!!! Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings Blue-ray available for pre-order. On amazon, at barnes and nobles, rightstuff, etc.

ALSO---

English VA's listed at animenewsnetwork. (not sure how "official" these are, but they look promising...)

Johnny Yong Bosch (Vash the Stampede, Kurosaki Ichigo) = Yukimura
    Robert McCollum (Don Quixote Doflamingo) = Masamune <--This one is LOVE~!!!
    John Swasey (Gendo Ikari, Van Hohenheim, Sir Crocodile) = Oda Nobunaga
  9. DirtyNinjaChick
    DirtyNinjaChick
    I am so getting Sengoku Basara 3! Looks awesome! >:3

Also looking forward to the movie that's coming soon GIEF US MORE SCHMEXY ACTION!!
  10. CyberElf
    CyberElf
    I have the game and it's so much fun! <3 And of course I had to play as Yukimura first. XD Some of his moves are like Dante's from DMC 3, and that is just awesome to me.

And yes, can't wait for the movie too! ^^
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011