aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Conventions...anyone?!

1. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    Well, I'm a little late but I thought this discussion would be interesting. I want us to share and compare imressions about conventions! Therfore, I'd like to know some things of you...:

Do/did you usually go to conventions?
    If yes, where and when; if no, why?
    What is your most favourite convention? Could you recommend "some"?
    Are you going to be at one this year?

Please know, that noone needs to answer just because he/she feels an obligation to. I just want everyone to have a chance to go on "good - better best" cons this year!
    So feel free to participate or to just think about the "offers"!

Huddy
  2. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    Therefore, I'll start ^^.

I like conventions although I just started two years ago at AniNite 07. Last year, I got to see the "Made in Japan" and the AniNite.
    I quite like the Nite and would recommend if you have never been to any con... but if you know the old strength and glory of the Nite you "could" be disappointed with the "new way" (just my opinion...).

My wishes for experience-stories:
    This year, I will attend the "MACOnvention" for the first time. Everyone tells good things about it so I guess it will be fun... But I'd also like your opinion of course!
    Then, I missed that Yaoi-Con that was held in Germany (man, I was soo pissed when I saw in the net "oh look, it's tod-ay...sh*t!" - could have kicked my ass -.-) Has anyone been there? Does it make sense to go there next year?
    Are there any other BL-related cons around?

Would be nice if someone answered...
    But anyway... have a nice day, minna!
  3. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    I'm alive! (still...) Well, I had some problematic issues to encounter but now I'm back again! (And pervier than ever xD) Nooo, it's just that the Maconvention takes place THIS WEEKEND and I wanted to ask if anyone's going to attend....?!?!

I would be glad if some of you answered, haven't heard of you for such a long time...
    Please tell me how you are and such!!!...

Huddy
  4. tabbi
    tabbi
    Hello ^^

You seem to talk to yourself here so I'll just write something XD

I've only been to one convention so far and that was the AniNite '07. As for any other convention I either realized too late that they exist or I had no time

Unfortunately I havn't heard about any BL-related cons either, but maybe because the BL-scene in Austria and Germany isn't that big considering the number of members in this group xD
  5. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    I have some friends to talk with...but on the conventions you can't find yaoi-fans really...

I'm going to the Aninite this year...yeah, I'm going to make a cosplay with a freind - and I hope that she likes the pairing haha

Last year I was Fye, and a friend was Kurogane, but she hates Yaoi...so I could just 'ärgern' her XD
  6. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    haha, do so! We need more BL-cos-pairings xD Although it could go bad if the jury doesn't like that... Do you want to win or to have fun?!?! ^^ It's up to you!

Btw, I found this German BL-con again and it's called "Yayuco", a Yaoi-Yuri-Con in Dachau in January. I think it's worth a try (let's see what my bank says so shortly after Christmas...) but REALLY IF I have enought money, I'm going to gather you all to come with me ^^...
  7. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    I don't think that the jury likes yaoi...haha, there are just guys in it.

omg, I saw pictures of the last yayuco, the 2 boys in the bunny costumes, they were soooooooo cute!!!
  8. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    ... So let tabbi invade the jury that you have a chance! xD
    (@ geekroom-topic: It must have been two years ago because it was my first Nite and back then I had... three volumes of manga... I think.. I was really impressed back then, that's why you are famous for me )

Yeah, the yayuco is one of my goals for this... "year". I hope I'll be able to go there! Sweet boys FTW! ^^
  9. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    But the jury is jst a topic for itself...I think that they are fail...since my first aninite...

I like being famous, haha, but not for beeing messy, hahaha. But it's funny!

Uah, I'm so sad, because I got fired from my job (die ganze Abteilung) - and so I have to save my money...I'm going to the connichi this year.
  10. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    Well, it's true, though I never ever thought about cos-ing so I hardly can tell if the cosses were well sewed or not, I mostly go after originality and the play xD...

I'm so sorry for you, it must be hard losing the job because of the company's money problems (think that must have been it as all of you have been fired...). I'm a full-time student, means more time but less money and being careful about the cons. The Connichi is definitely too much this year, but let's see what the new one brings...
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast