aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shields UP!

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Luffy (L8)Tsuna (L10)Luffy (L10)
    Giotto (L9)Shanks (L8)(S015) Ewon
    (S013) Akihito(S012) Hollow IchigoCiel (L9)

lol, archangel612, yeah, I'm using the standard MS firewall as well, and I got all green A bit shocking for me, but I'm glad XD

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Sephiroth (L8)Sion (L9)Moonlight
    Nezumi (L8)Izaya (L3)Shizuo (L8)
    Lavi (L8)Kanda (L4)Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)
    Just a question because I'm a bit afraid of doing this after getting this
    ->
    Greetings!

Without your knowledge or explicit permission, the Windows networking technology which connects your computer to the Internet may be offering some or all of your computer's data to the entire world at this very moment!
    is THIS normal?!

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoitechan View Post
    Just a question because I'm a bit afraid of doing this after getting this
    ->

is THIS normal?!
    ^^ That is simply the greeting on the website - this is displayed before you even run the scan, so don't let it freak you out. Have you actually run the scan yet?

If you run the scan, what you will be given are blocks of green, blue or red.

Green blocks mean that the port in question is stealthy - it is a ninja. ^_- This means that when the test attempted to communicate with the port in question, not only could it not breach the port, it literally could not "find" it. That is because the port in question did not send any information back to the test - therefore, the test can't determine whether or not the port is even there. Think of it this way - a sales person is trying to contact you via phone. If you never pick up the phone when they call, they can't determine whether or not you're even there.

Blue means that the test was unable to breach the port in question. The difference between blue and green is that the port communicated back to the test that it was blocked. Now the test knows that it exists, but is protected. That's like the sales person calling you, and you picking up the phone, but telling them you're not interested. This is only concerning if someone or something especially determined is after your computer. Since they know the port exists, they could potentially increase their efforts to breach it. However, for the casual internet user, this isn't a huge concern.

Red means that the test was able to breach the port in question. It knows it's there, and the port allowed whatever information it was sending to go through. This doesn't necessarily mean you're in danger - depends on what you're running at the time. But it's something to look into.

(mine were all green. gogo ninja!computer)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hope (L9)Kurama (L7)Aoba (L2)
    Jounouchi (L7)Riku (L8)Duo (L5)
    Deadpool (L9)(S049) Noctis Lucis CaelumSeto (L7)
    My computer has apperently passed it's Chuunin exam. Go laptop!

<.< weird, though. Since I'm only using a Linksys router, Avast anti-virus, and the pre-installed windows firewall. very very weird.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Itachi (L10)Loki (L9)Rufus (L9)
    Sasuke (L10)Loki (L10)Edward Kenway (L8)
    Claude (L10)Connor Kenway (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

I got all green and I use the standard windows firewall too...

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

(S022) Iason(S019) TinkleLloyd (L4)
    Zero (L9)Tony Stark (L10)Noctis (L8)
    Squall (L6)(Event) Forum - Hiroki (young)(S065) Thancred
    How do you switch the ping off through windows vista....

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Link (L7)Heart 1 (Red)Adol (L10)
    Pit (L7)(Event) IRC - CloudTrunks (L10)
    Pray for JapanLink (L8)Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Furiae View Post
    How do you switch the ping off through windows vista....
    First, make sure you're not running any torrent program or filesharing software.... If it still happens, go to your router/modem to disable the port that is returning the Ping back when scanning. For that, go to a browser (IE/Firefox, whatever) and type the IP to your router. There should be an option to see what ports you have opened. If so, then close them. That should fix it.

If still in doubts, can check THIS website to see how to disable ports in your router/modem.

Edit: Another easier thing you can try is blocking your "WAN Ping" in your router/modem, if it has that option that is!

@everyone: Just remember that this scans just the first 1056 ports. If your sharing applications are using higher ports (which is common), this test does not scan those.
    PS: I just did a new scan once again after more than a year that I last did. I got green for all ports, yay!
    Last edited by Twilight; 05-12-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Adding a tip!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

(S022) Iason(S019) TinkleLloyd (L4)
    Zero (L9)Tony Stark (L10)Noctis (L8)
    Squall (L6)(Event) Forum - Hiroki (young)(S065) Thancred
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    First, make sure you're not running any torrent program or filesharing software.... If it still happens, go to your router/modem to disable the port that is returning the Ping back when scanning. For that, go to a browser (IE/Firefox, whatever) and type the IP to your router. There should be an option to see what ports you have opened. If so, then close them. That should fix it.
    Yay thank you.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kyouya (L3)KumaguroMiyagi (L5)
    Iwaki (L6)Dee (L3)Gojyo (L1)
    Jin (L5)Japan (L4)Germany (L1)
    Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

all is green ^__^

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    A tip for D-Link routers users. If some port is opened you need to use the Virtual Server feature and redirect the open port to a non-existent IP from your network. Looks stupid but I found that fix at D-Link's website and I did it here and worked.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast