aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardsubbing

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Inuyasha (L1)

Hardsubbing

I'm trying to add some subs to a video...

It was originally and .ogm file with 2 audio streams (english and japanese) + the subtitles stream. I extracted it all and converted it to an .avi file with only one audio stream using VirtualDub software.

Now... what I just don't manage to get right. I'm trying to add the subtitles to make it a hardsub... I've got them in the .srt file... even converted to .ssa

I was browsing through all kinds of tutorials but it didn't end with success. As much as I got it... I'm supposed to add the subtitles through a video filter which I did... but the subtitles didn't show up.

Anyway... I'm asking for any help; it doesn't have to be with VirtualDub any other program would do but I don't have a clue what to do next.

Please help... woe D:

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Gray (L9)Heart 1 (Blue)Natsu (L7)
    Suzaku (L4)Pray for Japan(S003) Lelouch
    PikachuRin (L9)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    Are you sure you are hardsubbing?

Which video player did you use to play the video. I've found that sometimes especially with VLC player, you have to select video options and turn on subtitles. If this solves you're issue then naturally ur hardsub failed.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by x_dark_sun_x View Post
    I'm trying to add some subs to a video...
    Anyway... I'm asking for any help; it doesn't have to be with VirtualDub any other program would do but I don't have a clue what to do next.
    Please help... woe D:
    Do you have Vobsub 2.23 installed and do you use the textsub plugin? If you have both of those, I can explain to you how to hardsub a file.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Inuyasha (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxien View Post
    Are you sure you are hardsubbing?

Which video player did you use to play the video. I've found that sometimes especially with VLC player, you have to select video options and turn on subtitles. If this solves you're issue then naturally ur hardsub failed.
    Yes I am sure I am hardsubbing (according to the steps, though never actually finished hardsubbing). Since it show me the subtitles in VirtualDub only partially or sometimes not at all, don't know what's wrong with it. The problem isn't in the players got dozens of them and all the codecs as well, I don't know if the video accepted the subtitles at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lent View Post
    Do you have Vobsub 2.23 installed and do you use the textsub plugin? If you have both of those, I can explain to you how to hardsub a file.
    Yes I do have Vobsub... and what do you mean with textsub plugin? As a part of Vobsub or Virtualdub, 'cause.. isn't it a filter? I have the subtitler filter in Virtualdub if that's the case?

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Yes I do have Vobsub... and what do you mean with textsub plugin? As a part of Vobsub or Virtualdub, 'cause.. isn't it a filter? I have the subtitler filter in Virtualdub if that's the case?
    I never use that subtitle filter, I only ever use the textsub plugin, you should have it installed as part of your Vobsub install, but you must check the related box upon installing, otherwise Vobsub may skip installing the textsub plugin. Do you have that installed? If not, install again with textsub plugin, please. We can take it from there.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Inuyasha (L1)
    Okay, I reinstalled it again adding the textsub plugin.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Okay, now you open Virtualdub, open the video file and chose Video>> Filters >> Add.

Go to the location that textsub.vdf is installed in (usually Programmes >> Vobsub) and add that.

It is then added to the 'Filters' menu. Load that filter, open your .ssa file with it and say 'Okay'.

Usually this should do the trick.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Inuyasha (L1)
    Okay it sure does... though... question. Is it supposed for the subtitles to show only on one of the 2 screens (right one) in VirtualDub?

And what next I just save it and that's it?

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Okay it sure does... though... question. Is it supposed for the subtitles to show only on one of the 2 screens (right one) in VirtualDub?And what next I just save it and that's it?
    Yes, that's normal, because the left one is the source screen and the right one is the preview screen.

And yes, you save and that's it, after you have chosen a compression though, I guess you have, right?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Inuyasha (L1)
    Yes, I did choose a compression and saved it afterwards and stuff. Though... another question xD I realized, during the saving, that some subtitles that were supposed to be displayed as italics weren't italics after all and were displayed as <i>text<i/>

Will they be displayed as italics after all or why does is show up as that... did something go wrong during the subtitle conversion perhaps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast