aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Mouri (chibi) (L1)(S013) AkihitoFuuta (L1)
    Genji (L1)Naruto Sage (L10)(S020) Yokozawa
    Pray for JapanNyankoFrau (L1)

Uploading without Uploading.... Is this allowed?

I tried to search in the rules but didn't see anything related to this... If someone sees this in the rules m(_ _)m I apologize for this post.

Lately I'm seeing upload posts like this:

Host links:
    megaupload
    rapishare
    Whatever
    Something

~RIGHT NOW, I'M UPLOADING THE EPISODE IN EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE~
    Is this allowed? I mean... If I find out aarinfantasy released an episode of something faster than the others and write all the hosts I can remember and take my sweet time to upload... Won't it be unfair to other people that also want the points/rep?

I just want to know if it is allowed to do it, since I, as all the other users in this forum, like to receive points and even though scanning and uploading manga/doujinshi is much more tiring than uploading videos, you still get more points through uploading videos....

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hiroki (L4)Heart 1 (Blue)Usami (L2)
    Kanou (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Ayase (L8)
    Usami Akihiko (L9)Asato (L9)Suzuki-san
    That's a no, no. Anyone that does that just for points/rep are stupid.

Technically there are area where a member can refer to a hosted site... plus I have yet to find a case where this situation have appear.. =/

and chances are, no, members upload stuff on their free time and if they use the same link,

1, chances are they will get caught
    and 2, it's pretty obvious.

Atenias
    You mean reserving one link at a time instead of a whole list (make a list and copy and paste, easy).

I didn't read anywhere on the site that it is not allowed, but I do think that the members should limit themselves and give others a chance as well (especially if it takes days before the file is actually uploaded).

I always write "uploading" for the host site I am currently uploading to, and "on waiting list" for the second, third, etc host. Anyone can be free to upload on the second, third, host as long as it is still marked "on waiting list", but I think I am the only one who do that.

Most animes I upload are not Yaoi and thus I don't get any points for it, but I upload them so more people can watch and enjoy anime. Because not everyone can download them from torrent-sites and not all host links works for everyone.
    Last edited by Atenias; 05-12-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Suracis
    No, there is no rule against this. If one were to do such a thing and not upload the files and make people wait, there will be someone else who will upload those same files onto different hosting sites. And usually, when people do say they're currently uploading or will upload, it's usually within 24 hours. It's impossible for one person to cover all of the hosting sites.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Mouri (chibi) (L1)(S013) AkihitoFuuta (L1)
    Genji (L1)Naruto Sage (L10)(S020) Yokozawa
    Pray for JapanNyankoFrau (L1)
    thank you for your fast replies!!! (they made me assure I wasn't posting this on the wrong part of the forum or was being totally stupid xD)

Okay, but if I upload something faster that someone wrote they would upload and then receive an angry PM with them "Hey b***h!!! i wrote that i would upload in that host!!" technically, he's the one with priority since he posted first than me!!

@ Atenias: Yes, if you don't get points, of course it's understandable!!

@ Suracis( wow, the great Suracis replied me!!): I'm sorry for referring only "something", "someone" and such but I don't want to say any names. And I'm talking about writing a 5-7 host names and taking 3 days time to upload it....

@ Sukisho: Caught? Since there's no rule, how can they be caught....?

thank you for clearing this with me y'all

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Suzuki-sanNowaki (L3)(S003) Lelouch
    Tezuka (L8)Shuuei (L6)Kouyuu (L1)
    Kyo (L4)Tsuruga (L8)(S007) Reborn

I've read a rule some time ago, and yes, in that rule it was mentioned that you could only reserve a limited total of hosts. I think you could only reserve 5 of them... don't know whether the rule still exists somewhere... *goes off to hunt*
    EDIT:
    found the post, and it didn't concern the whole "reserving"-issue . It just says you can only upload to 5 servers per post in the mangasection. Here's the link
    Last edited by schetenei; 05-12-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Suracis
    Well if such a thing happened, then you should report it to a mod. PMs such as those should not be tolerated but if it happened in the manga section as schetenei above as mentioned that you can only reserve five (5) servers post, it's still immature to send a flaming PM. And it's understandable if you don't wish to include names or whatnot. Although taking three days is a bit too long and I would definitely be on your side if you uploaded those same things as the other person did judging from the situation.

And the great Suracis? My, I've been called a lot of different things on this forum.

Isan
    Up until a little while ago kriska22 had an announcement that the limit was 3 reserved links at once only.
    That announcement seems gone now but I don't see why that rule wouldn't still apply.

See -> http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/693258-post16.html

This was also discussed in lenght on here and the following pages -> http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f55/t1...l_20_a-p2.html

White Butterfly

Savings

Akira (L1)Otoya (L5)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Sasuke (L7)Hisoka (L9)Aizen L1 [G]
    Ace L1 [G]Ryoga (L5)DS_003_(4)bottomleft

For anime section, we are encouraging uploaders to limit their "reservation" to 3 hosting sites at a time. Once they are done uploading it, they can reserve for another 3 sites.

If some users are harassing/threatening you through pm or in any other means because of this issue, kindly contact us via PM. Include screenshots if you can for faster investigation.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Koko Hekmatyar (L5)Re-L Mayer (L3)Sion (L7)
    Nai (L6)Alois (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Strawberry Cake 1Ramen 1Lin Xianming (L8)

Blocking other people is clealry a discourtesy, so if you come to upload before he does, just post your links and respond to his discourtesy. Then if he doesn't understand himself, report to mods, period. He started it by blocking other people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast