aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with mIRC

ast0ne

help with mIRC

I'll admit, i didn't read through all the treads. i know i'm horrible aren't i =P I don't tend to have to much time on a computer so i apologize if theres another one statin such problems, but i was wondering if there was any good place to learn how to use mIRC? i know how to work it more or less and i can download manga, but it doesn't let me download anime..videos of any kind really...i've read through my options but none of the changes i've made seem to be of any help. hopin i could find some here. thanks a bunch. cheers
    peace V

Suracis
    Hopefully, this post will be of assistance to you.

ast0ne
    dude that was quick. nifty. thanks a bunch ^^ later man!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Unhappy

Hello,
    I'm very dumb because i don't understand IRC in spite of the fact that i read the post on aarinfantasy.irc. Then i need someone for help me to download the episode 5 and 7 of Hana yori dango of the team Eiyo : #eiYo@irc.worldnet.net
    Please help me

Suracis
    Well, all you would have to do is type !list in the chatroom and once you have done that, fserves should appear from which you can download stuff from other people. Copy and paste a trigger you want to enter and voila, you're in. Now all you have to do is to know the commands such as dir, cd, exit, etc...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ok, i'll try this. Thank for your reply.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

help with mIRC

Hello, I try to use mIRC to download file but i get the following answer - You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. I think that means wrong options of my mIRC client but i don't know what options. If anybody can help me with my problem ,please, help. Thanks a lot.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Link (L7)Heart 1 (Red)Adol (L10)
    Pit (L7)(Event) IRC - CloudTrunks (L10)
    Pray for JapanLink (L8)Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by setany View Post
    Hello, I try to use mIRC to download file but i get the following answer - You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. I think that means wrong options of my mIRC client but i don't know what options. If anybody can help me with my problem ,please, help. Thanks a lot.
    You have to go to the options in your IRC client and set the DCC server on, so that you can download files that people/servers are sending you.

If you are using mIRC as client, go to Tools > Options > DCC > Server... Then enable the DCC server there. Also click the Send, Chat, Fserve boxes as well...

Finally, if you are using a router to connect to internet, and using a firewall in your PC, you will also have to open ports (which is longer to explain here) in your router for downloads to reach you.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

PS: If have any other questions, feel free to check/post in THIS thread, or join our IRC channel (#aarinfantasy @ irc.rizon.net) and I will assist you live!~

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Asami (L5)Akihito (L4)Fei Long (L2)
    Havi (L6)Valdrigue (L8)(S005) Valdrigue
    Iason (L4)Nagai (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post

Finally, if you are using a router to connect to internet, and using a firewall in your PC, you will also have to open ports (which is longer to explain here) in your router for downloads to reach you.
    Thank you, Twilight! I had this problem for a long time and couldn't figure out why I couldn't connect to most users to download their stuffs whenever I used mIRC via a wireless router but worked fine via a modem. I don't think I want to open a port (have to figure how to do that first anyway), but it's nice to know the source of my problem.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Link (L7)Heart 1 (Red)Adol (L10)
    Pit (L7)(Event) IRC - CloudTrunks (L10)
    Pray for JapanLink (L8)Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by imanu View Post
    I don't think I want to open a port (have to figure how to do that first anyway)
    If you want to give it a try to open ports, there are guides on the Internet... But the best one I can suggest is THIS page... Simply choose your router model, then choose 'mIRC DCC - IRC DCC' from the list (supposing you are using mIRC) and it will tell you step by step what to do!~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast