aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

heavyarms

How to combine game files

Okay, so I have downloaded Apocrypha game in several parts. I also have winrar to unzip them. but I have no idea how to combine them again? do I just zip them all back together? and How do I open the game afterward? If someone could help me with these items, I would really appreciate it!
    Last edited by heavyarms; 09-03-2007 at 01:17 AM.

darkparagon
    Ok most people when uploading things split it into parts using hjsplit, which you use to rejoin the different parts of the files as well. Make sure all the files are unziped and in the same folder, and it should find them automaticly.

If you have not got hjsplit, you can get it from here: http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

If that dosn't work, then please tell me, I'm just suggesting hjsplit as its the most common programme used to split files

Hope this helps

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Also some uploaders do a different kind of split it, which doesn't rejoin from using a program. They would have file names like file1.zip, file2.zip etc and you would have to extract the zip/rar files, might have to open each folder, and then collect the files and put into one folder.

heavyarms
    Does winrar work to combine?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyarms View Post
    Does winrar work to combine?
    If the files end with .r00 , .r01 etc then yes, just open with winrar and extract the files or right click on one of the rar files and select extract. But you must have all the files in the same location/folder, otherwise you'll be asked to locate one of the files each time it needs it.

Midori_Stardust
    What about folders that have the exact same thing in them? I have 6 WinRar files for Togainu no Chi, and if I were to combine them in the same folder, they all would overwrite one another, because they seem to be all the same (even though there were 6 different parts I downloaded...).

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yukihito (L1)
    can you post the exact filenames with the extensions?

Midori_Stardust
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtar View Post
    can you post the exact filenames with the extensions?
    Sure.

togainu.sub
    togainu.CCD
    togainu.cue
    togainu.img.ecm
    -and a program called unecm.

I've heard that you should run unecm to 'unecm' that Image file, but every time I double-click on it, a black box pops up and then goes away, and that's it - nothing happens. All of the files seem to be named the same in each of the parts, so if I put them all into one folder, they'll overwrite one another.