aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

CD/DVD Drives Crashing

I'm really hoping that someone can help me here...
    Recently, I found out that my CD and DVD drives are on the fritz. They've worked perfectly fine before, but now whenever I want to play a DVD, CD, or game disc they crash and the computer immediately reboots. The last thing I want to do is restore the computer back to its factory settings as I don't have anywhere to save all of my music and picture files, but it's getting to the point where I may do it.

Can someone please help me?

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Change the cable, it's look like your cable is not good anymore since both of them are crashing.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

How do I do that? (bit of a computer newb on the technical side of things *blushes*) Are you sure it's not something I downloaded instead?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

randomizer if you bought you PC from a major distributer the PC may still be under warrentee by the company. If not you could either try rolling back the drivers for the cd drives or unpluging the drives and pluging them in again before you buy new cables beware of flying dust bunnies when you open your PC

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay, after getting delayed by last-minute papers, finals, and my graduation ceremony, I managed to get my CD drive to "work." I took jasonboi19's advice to uninstall and reinstall the drive, and now it can play audio CDs, but it won't play games (although it detects both). Furthermore, my Autoplay doesn't work. If I want to listen to a CD on my computer, I have to go to My Computer and click on the CD drive.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

R-click on the drive and go to the properties go to the outo play function and for each type of file there is a list of programs to open with it there. As far as the games are they PC games or burned images because you need damen tools if they were immages

hope it helps.

oh by the way congrats on graduation
    Last edited by kriptonima; 06-13-2007 at 01:20 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The games are all PC games. I've been trying to play Sims 2 University for a while now, but no matter what I do (even with the troubleshooting guide listed by EA games) nothing works.

OFF TOPIC: Thanks for the congrats!

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Are they really OK? Are they working under UDMA mode?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

What's UDMA mode? I think they're okay... Like I said, only the autoplay function is not working; the drives detect and recognize the CDs and games, but simply won't run them automatically. The CD drive works fine if I click on it in my computer for audio/mp3 CDs, but if I do the same thing for a game CD, the logo screen (of the game) will show up, and then it will go back to my desktop. I wondered if I had to update my drivers, but I can't because both of my drives are considered "obsolete" by the company that made them (they don't make updates for them anymore). My CD drive is a Samsung CD-Rom SC-148C, while my DVD drive is a RICOH DVD+RW MP5240A.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

If they're old it's time to change them. Optical drivers don't last long. Last Saturday I changed a dead DVD and it was only 4 years old.