aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Cloud (L4)Hikaru (L2)Kaji (L6)
    Kaworu (L4)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Having Issues with Togainu No Chi

I got a Windows 8 laptop for the express purpose of downloading BL games. Well I got the game Togainu No Chi up and running, but I heard that it doesn't run properally on Windows 8.

My biggest encounter is that it won't save a file correctly and when I try to return to the game it freezes. And forget trying to load that save, it deletes it.
    Is there anyway I can change my settings to a windows 7 format to play it properly? I'm not sure if its possible, just wondering.
    If not I'll probably have to play it all in one go without stopping and restart for the different paths.
    Thanks and any help is awesome.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    There should be a few ways to try this. First, is to check if you are logging into Windows as an Administrator account.

You can usually tell if you're the only user (Usually), or it outright says so on the login screen.
    If you are, then you can Right-Click on the shortcut for TnC and select "Run as Administrator". This might fix some of the saving problems. The later versions of Windows prevents files from being saved in certain places, unless it's in a public place like the "My Documents" folder.

If TnC is installed in your "Programs" folder (Or "Programs x86") this will be a cause to the save files not saving/deleting as TnC saves it's save files in the game's install directory. Try installing TnC into a different folder, like "C:\Games\TnC" for example.

Thirdly, for compatability (Win 7) mode, you need to right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties", a window will open so look for a tab marked "Compatability". Select the option for "Run this in compatability for..." and select "Windows 7" as an option.

Try that mode. If you still have problems switching out and back into the game, it may not be something you can control beyond playing in Windowed mode instead of full-screen. It is such an old game, that the graphics library for it just might not work well ever in Windows 8.

Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Cloud (L4)Hikaru (L2)Kaji (L6)
    Kaworu (L4)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Thanks I did try to change the compatibility to windows 7 and even XP. Because I looked up what OS was around when it came out in 2005. But still nothing. And it will load up a save now but it won't let me click anything further- I might try your other option but if that doesn't work I probably just won't play it.

I can watch the walkthrough on youtube, but the player clicks faster than I can read As for other BL games like Dramatical Murder is there any know issues with windows 8, I know its a newer game?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I had once read that the option to "Edit save file description" of the save in TnC might cause problems...

Go into the options for the game, and de-select the option to enable save descriptions, and start a new game. Save that, and try loading that.

-- And unfortunately, because Windows 8 is such a new Operating System, there are thousands of programs, not just BL games, that won't work properly with it. It's a different code-base so it's causing a lot of havoc.