aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Playing DRAMAtical Murder on Mac

Hi guys! I've searched around for this for a while so I'm pretty sure there's not a thread like this already. I have been wanting to play Dmmd since it was patched to english but the problem is that I'm a mac user. I've tried Wine, Wineskin and CrossOver to make this work but it always crashes! Bootcamp will also not work for me so I'm just wondering if there is anything left that I can do? (there are so many bl games that don't play on mac! >.<)

I'm grateful for any contribution

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

MakkachinKusaka (L7)Akizuki (L6)
    Hei (L7)Raoul (L8)Katze (L4)
    Iason (L4)Riki (L4)Taki (L2)
    I'm not familiar with what these sort of games are programed in. I'm on a mac also. These sound like Windows programs for the most part and if you want to use them on a mac you need to have a copy of Windows and then use a program called Parallels that will allow you to run Windows programs on your mac. I've never done this but this is what I've been told. If it's a video based game...I'm guessing, I'm wondering if you could convert it to a format that Mac will recognize like Quicktime. I'm also not sure what mac OS your running too. Because depending on how old your Mac is you may not be able to run bootcamp on the older version.

Wish I could you more.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Goblingoddess is correct. We used Parallels at my old office when we had a user who strictly used a Mac, even though we were programming games for Windows. We were using basic drawing drivers, though, so most graphics appeared correctly but there would always be slipups. Mostly stemming from CPU timing. But anyway...

Parallels seemed the most effective for us, and had a high compatability for our games. The DMMd games were most likely coded with DirectX 9 (As stated from some errors that people are having), so if you do use Parallels, use Windows 7 Home Premium or Pro/Ultimate. Windows 7 may also have an easier time with finding "Drivers" for Mac hardware as it's ... different than non-mac parts for some reason. *headscratches*