aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

cannot access Cyber12.com site

I bought a new laptop about 2 weeks ago and at first last week i can access cyber12.com normally, but during the past 3 days i keep getting this message when i try to open the site :

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
    Here are some suggestions:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

i use a free Wifi in my university area and i tried once deactive the windows firewall and exit the Kaspersky Internet Security but it still won't load. I use my old laptop and it worked just fine, i can access the site. So i think the problem lies in the new laptop. And the cyber12.com is up and running, it is just me having a problem. So i would like to ask assistance from anyone, since i am not really well-versed in this things. If there's any more that you need to know please ask, but I must say it first i am not very familiar with all the software/hardware terms (ping and all that) so i probably need to be thought step by step, sorry...

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1(S041) Izumi

Try loading this website at a different internet source, I don't know, some internet café or your friend's house maybe? If the error still occurs, that means there is a configuration problem in your laptop. I don't want to go there right now, since I don't know if it's about the computer or something else. Also please state which browser you're using, is it chrome? If it is, try using a different browser like Opera or Firefox.

In the meantime try using a proxy, might work. Here are two:

Guardster Free Web Proxy
    Proxy.org - The Proxy Authority
    Last edited by seres; 06-02-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

i tried using 3 different browser; mozilla firefox, google chrome and internet explorer all have the same result, blank page or the one shown in the first post. i read something on the net about the IP address having problem but not really understand how to look into it.

and a question, what is a proxy? how does it works?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

and forgot to mention, if i use different username (my friend) to log in WiFi instead of mine, i can access it, so i guess it is my WiFi then, but how can it be fixed? I can't always use my friend's WiFi, she needs it.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1(S041) Izumi

Quote Originally Posted by evilcold View Post
    i tried using 3 different browser; mozilla firefox, google chrome and internet explorer all have the same result, blank page or the one shown in the first post. i read something on the net about the IP address having problem but not really understand how to look into it.

and a question, what is a proxy? how does it works?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

and forgot to mention, if i use different username (my friend) to log in WiFi instead of mine, i can access it, so i guess it is my WiFi then, but how can it be fixed? I can't always use my friend's WiFi, she needs it.
    Well, a proxy is basically a server that hides your ip address. Just go to this website:

Guardster Free Web Proxy

enter the website address you want to visit and you'll be able to reach that site.

As for your problem, it did look like it was about the internet connection, some kind of security protocol causes this particular error. Also I know that it's been a common problem with Chrome so you might want to stay away from it.
    Sorry, but if it is free wireless, there is not much I can suggest. Apparently you need to use a secure/private internet connection or use a proxy when you're visiting the websites that are giving you this error.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by seres View Post
    Well, a proxy is basically a server that hides your ip address. Just go to this website:

Guardster Free Web Proxy

enter the website address you want to visit and you'll be able to reach that site.

As for your problem, it did look like it was about the internet connection, some kind of security protocol causes this particular error. Also I know that it's been a common problem with Chrome so you might want to stay away from it.
    Sorry, but if it is free wireless, there is not much I can suggest. Apparently you need to use a secure/private internet connection or use a proxy when you're visiting the websites that are giving you this error.
    is that so...i guess it cannot be helped then ....thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it!