aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Timing off when converting files

Hi, I'm relatively new here [hope this is in the right section]

With the 'Any Video Converter' vers 3.2.7 I downloaded a video from youtube with subs but the file came out to be in .flv. I used the program again to convert the .flv to .avi for my portable music player and to get the original files into smaller size for conserving harddrive space. But upon doing that I noticed the timing for the subs to be late and thus off. Is there any way to fix timing for subs when the video format is in .avi? Or during the .flv to .avi conversion is there any way to not get the subs off timing?

thx =]

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

My sugestion is to use Cinemaforge. Is what I've been using for years without problems.

CinemaForge 2.0.5 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

CinemaForge :O... so it only handles converting of media file types [no downloading videos from youtube and the like]? and is it free to download and use?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    igHave you tried the freeware program "FLVtoAvi" ...its very good and goes an excellent job ... the reason why your video's subs are off is because of dropped frames.... it would be very easy to fix if you had downloaded a .mkv ..or an avi with external subs ... check your original file you had downloaded...check to see it the subs are correct on that if so give the "flvtoavi" a try ....it should turn out good ..if that still to be get yourself a copy of all to Avi(doesn't do flv) ..in that put your newly converted .avi file from "flvtoavi" into "alltoavi" choose 'pocket special' and change the size to what you need ....it should help ....I just hope this does ...
    Last edited by lemur7; 01-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by lemur7 View Post
    igHave you tried the freeware program "FLVtoAvi" ...its very good and goes an excellent job ... the reason why your video's subs are off is because of dropped frames.... it would be very easy to fix if you had downloaded a .mkv ..or an avi with external subs ... check your original file you had downloaded...check to see it the subs are correct on that if so give the "flvtoavi" a try ....it should turn out good ..if that still to be get yourself a copy of all to Avi(doesn't do flv) ..in that put your newly converted .avi file from "flvtoavi" into "alltoavi" choose 'pocket special' and change the size to what you need ....it should help ....I just hope this does ...
    What Levi said.

When a video has subs on youtube then it is hard subbed, you can't recode them because they are inside and apart from the video. If the timing isn't right then the conversion caused dropped frames basically meaning the entire thing is out of sync due to missing frames.
    Either get a higher quality copy, sometimes videos are already released somewhere online through mediafire.
    If the .flv was alright then it is most likely your settings of when you made it an .avi, the video itself is already compressed and making it even smaller can have this effect.
    And usually .avi is not the best format to recompress to

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For future reference what would be a better file type for re-compression? .mkv?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    well..Mp4 is good ...but I personally still use Avi .... I like it better ... but I use the generic Xvid mpeg4 codec as the compression for the video and just standard Mp3 as my audio ...I like to keep things simple(if I find the audio is off I use PCM ..its not only lossless its uncompressed)

but many do use the Mp4 with AAC for audio...getting the basic same result with mostly a slightly smaller size

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Depending ont he size you might even be able to get away using a .mov with a proper codec such as h264

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

thanks for all the reply's