aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)Kuroko (L7)Ciel (L5)
    Alois (L6)Suzuya Jūzō (L8)Sora KH (L8)

Laptop OS Recovery question

So my laptop got a persistent virus/malware and I needed to completely restore the system, I ordered recovery discs for my machine and the recovery was going well until right after I put the 3rd and last recovery disc in... The last file on the 2nd disc says that it couldn't be copied to the hard drive... even though it had already said #2 was finished copying 100% and prompted me to put #3 in.... So is this an even deeper problem with the hardware on the computer or are the discs just maybe defective? (I really hope not, I had to wait 3 weeks to get them )
    Now when I start it up it says the operating system wasn't found since it deleted the old files but didn't copy the new ones... which kind of made me laugh because a computer without an OS is just a silly concept...

Someone more computer savvy than me, please... recommendations on what I should do?

note: it is still covered by a 1 year repair/replacement warranty

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

If you have the serial etc of your Windows, just burn a windows 7 installation disc (borrow one from a friend or just download the one that matches your serial) and reinstall using those serials.
    Where did you get these recovery discs, if your OS is screwed though a reinstall is the best solution.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I second that. It's the best solution if you have your serial.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)Kuroko (L7)Ciel (L5)
    Alois (L6)Suzuya Jūzō (L8)Sora KH (L8)
    I bought the discs from the manufacturer (Acer)

I had my bro in law who's an IT guy look at it and take it apart and everything, turns out the harddrive is completely dead, even after he formatted it and tried reinstalling windows i still got errors... so now i either need a new computer or a new harddrive, since its under warranty i'll just get a new laptop instead of spending $200+ on a new harddrive and OS -___-;

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Oh, my.... good luck replacing it.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noyoki View Post
    I bought the discs from the manufacturer (Acer)

I had my bro in law who's an IT guy look at it and take it apart and everything, turns out the harddrive is completely dead, even after he formatted it and tried reinstalling windows i still got errors... so now i either need a new computer or a new harddrive, since its under warranty i'll just get a new laptop instead of spending $200+ on a new harddrive and OS -___-;
    I've read the other comments here ...and yes just phone acer and they will send you a mailing kit ...then in about two to three weeks your lappy will be returned to you and work well ...they are nice people to deal with...so don't be shy about calling....tell them what has happened and what was done....and you should be fine

but if its only the hard drive they will replace that and send you back the very same lappy ..if its more exstensive ...then a possible replacement might get sent instead ...and remember to tell them if it was 32 or 64 bit for your OS