aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

POTM - 1 StarMakima (L10)SOTM - 2 Stars
    Denji (L9)Power (L7)Aki Hayakawa (L8)
    Makima (L9)Makima (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)

Eset is actually the complete security cover from makers of nod32. I got mine from store but i think you can buy online at eset.com

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Comodo is doing great on all the tests I'm doing. It got 100% on Matousec's tests.
    Antivirus Firewall Software and SSL Certificate - Internet Security Software from Comodo The free version is awesome.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

The thing is you're not just going to get attacked when you sit next to your computer and do nothing. Possibly this virus happened because you were acting careless and in those cases with many extreme virus nothing can really protect you.

The protect usb bla you posted earlier is somehting that many anti virus have, only a few do not; AVG free doesn't have it so before anyone starts recommending it, nope.

If you're that desperate for not getting infected; Avast or Avira, both are free to use have active shields and scan usb malware before your usb can even start. However with infections from usb's it is mostly because people still have it set to auto run, which is terrible. You can turn that off somewhere in your control panel.

Personally I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, it doesn't bother me all the time, good at intercepting the worse kind of virusses but so far I haven't had any. I have Malwarebytes free which I use to scan every 6 months or so to see if I have any malware.

I would go Avira, the Eset nod 32 or Avast. The eset Nod32 one is also a good one but Nod32 is not for free.
    Last edited by KarumA; 11-22-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Well... I am not a reference as I don't use any antivirus on a regular basis... I just load and run one when I start to see slowing down on my connection/application access...
    ... on another hand, I have nothing critical on my desktop/laptop so if it was contaminated, I could have to reinstall completely that it shall be ok... I use virtual images or use my laptop as a terminal/thin client for work related matters (the protection is on the other end...)

In any case, there were some comments/review in these threads with other proposal of protection/antivirus

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f52/t150182-protect-yourself-on-internet.html
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f52/t150271-useful-programs.html

I
    think most of the free antivirus will get you protected for the majority of the threat. I don't know so far any antivirus 100% infallible... but some can get close to it. I usually try all recommendation by Munemasa Katagiri at least once

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    hummm.... I use lavasoft's ad-aware and webroot's spysweeper ....they do the job for me ! ad-aware has a great free version and an option to scan before boot ...great for stuff that needs to be removed before it starts to run on your PC....plus its the only one I have heard of that can remove the dreaded "recycler" virus...thats a nasty one to get...

your best to try out a few trial or free ware versions then decide whats best for you....

MysteryGreenTea
    I would suggest you get a different browser. I use Google Chrome and a free software called SuperAntiSpyware that always gets rid of everything bad when you scan. I highly suggest you use both of these. And always stay away from sites that are bad or have given you a virus before. Also with Google Chrome, use the free extension called Adblock. I scan with windows defender every day and I scan with SuperAntiSpyware every few weeks or whenever I feel. I haven't had any problems since I got these, and I've had them for a long time. Please check them out.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Can we stop posting suggestions etc. We already have 2 threads about this situation and so why would we make a third with over 100 different anti virus software. If OP needs more then he/she can reply and ask for it. As Anger posted those are the threads full of suggestions, if anyone feels the need to share their amazing piece of software please post it there.

Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    Well... I am not a reference as I don't use any antivirus on a regular basis... I just load and run one when I start to see slowing down on my connection/application access...
    ... on another hand, I have nothing critical on my desktop/laptop so if it was contaminated, I could have to reinstall completely that it shall be ok... I use virtual images or use my laptop as a terminal/thin client for work related matters (the protection is on the other end...)

In any case, there were some comments/review in these threads with other proposal of protection/antivirus

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f52/t150182-protect-yourself-on-internet.html
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f52/t150271-useful-programs.html

I
    think most of the free antivirus will get you protected for the majority of the threat. I don't know so far any antivirus 100% infallible... but some can get close to it. I usually try all recommendation by Munemasa Katagiri at least once

BANNED
    Savings

I could truly say that this is the right website that has provided me animated and super advanced video games. I am glad that I joined this forum.

yangfeng
    as I had someone come to me all freaked out and scared about a threatning mail from blizzard that refered towards some complete unknown website that had nothing to do with blizzard XD...

__________________________________________________ _________________
    "Do you know those times when you've been put through so much pain you couldn't bear it? Well, that's reality for you."

I have been a FunForFreedom survivor since 7/2/12!
    Supporting Leon X Zara! <3
    I have a blog!
    RS Gold
    Diablo 3 Gold
    Buy Runescape Gold

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

That is really a nice post out there..but one thing i'd add in it for sure is that don't download the free of cost versions available on the internet. I'd do nothing to protect your system .I'd suggest you to buy aftermarket antivirus software's which do a good job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast