aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Question Can you reset the Bytes on a pic?

I have an Image that originally was a screen shot 400 kbs even after I cropped it down to size its still 400 kbs how do I get it down to size I have another pic that’s the size it is now and its 21 kbs can I somehow reset the bytes on this pic to get it down some

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Iwaki (L6)Ewon (L2)Charley (L2)
    Yonekuni (L1)Vash the Stampede (L1)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)
    Nishi (L1)Aizawa (L5)Kusaka (L7)
    Make sure you're saving it as a new image file, not overwriting the original. Sometimes that confuses the size. Also you could consider saving it as another image file type e.g. jpg/gif instead of png. If you save as a JPEG and are using PSP/PS you can change the quality and lower the image size that way.

If that doesen't work i'm afraid i can't really offer any more help D: good luck

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Rin TnC (L1)Hope (L8)Allen (L8)
    KonSai (L6)Mihashi (L2)

It will be easier if you can tell us what program you are using to crop it and save it in, and what format it is saving in, but it looks like it's JPEG with the quality setting too high. Where you change that will depend on the program. I have an old Photoshop and I use "Save for Web" which lets you set the quality (in %) and preview how the pic will look at that quality. If a screenshot pic is 400k you probably have the setting at nearly 100%, depending on how big your screen is and what is in the shot. A quality of 50% still looks pretty good in PS, and can more than half that size (it all depends on how much detail there is in the pic). Obviously a crop will be usually much less, depending on how big it is. etc. Generally I use around 60-70%.

If you use a different prog there should still be a quality setting somewhere. If you do just "save" then a dialog might not come up, but "save as" should have the settings right there for you. Make sure to save a copy, and not overwrite the original, then check the quality and size of the copy. Try again from the original with a different setting if you're not happy.

You shouldn't need to use a different format than JPEG (e.g. GIF, PNG) unless it is very simple graphics with only a few colours, etc. JPEG would usually be the best for a screenshot.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Spacer 1Heart 6 (Devil)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Kirishima Zen (L4)Shino (L3)Naruto (L4)

Ok you want to make a picture smaller basically. The bytes is actually the size (example: 500x200 is smaller than 500x250) so you may want to try cropping the pic in something like "paint" or "photo shop" and that will lower the bytes. OR you can save it with a different file extension. a .bmp is HUGE where as a .jpeg or .jpg is smaller. .jpeg or .jpg can be the same size (500x200) but be less bytes because of the way the computer reads and saves the file. Lowering the quality can sometimes work but I have never liked the outcome when I do that. With any of these ideas always keep the original and work with a copy just in case it doesn't work out. Oh and changing extensions can sometimes make it so the computer won't recognize the newly saved pic so keeping the original is handy.
    Hope this helped!