aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Problems with Windows Media player

Hi, guys. I dunno if this thread should be here, but I dunno where to ask.

I installed Animation Shop to make a gif, and then uninstalled it. My Windows media player was fine, reproduced videos just doing double click on said videos, but since I uninstalled the Animation Shop, it says it's in an unknown format (like when you don't have the codec). I then look in a list the windowd media player and reproduces like nothing happened!

The problem is that don't reproduce the videos when I click on them, but it works normal when I open them in the way I said, or looking in the reproduction list directly in the windows player.

Someone please can tell me how I fix this?

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    You can try to restore your system to a date previous of the problem, maybe the Animation Shop messed up your filters and codecs. Or you can install nem filters from CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Just wondering (sorry for the late response I justg ot hoem from the weekend) does that Animation shop program open video files?
    It could be that all your film format files: .avi etc. were set to automatically open with Animation shop and that when you uninstalled it the program which opens it automatically is seen as missing.
    You can try right clicking on a video files, select open with and then the Select program tab, you then get a new screen with programs listed, click on the WMP program and turn on the Use this program always (or something alike sounding that is box optioned in the bottom of the menu). Then click on okay and all the video files of that format should be open-able with WMP again and ought to be recognised by it.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Spacer 1Heart 6 (Devil)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Kirishima Zen (L4)Shino (L3)Naruto (L4)

It sounds like the Animation shop was what was playing the anime or at least providing what player needed to play it. You could try running updates and see if that fixes your problem or you may have to change the anime to a format recognized by player.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Iwaki (L6)Ewon (L2)Charley (L2)
    Yonekuni (L1)Vash the Stampede (L1)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)
    Nishi (L1)Aizawa (L5)Kusaka (L7)
    If none of the above works (its unlikely, it sounds to be as though the file formats havn't been 'tied' to the program correctly since the animation shop probably took over as the default program) then as a last resort you could just uninstall media player and re download it with the codec pack you were previously using. I often have problems with media player 'forgetting' file format types but it hasn't really been bothering me much because i have VLC player.

In the future if you install something like animation shop or another video player check that the option for 'default player' is not ticked (if given that option.)

Good luck, hopefully one of the other suggestions works for you, uninstalling and redownloading is a pain so i only use it as a last resort.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    this is no biggie ..so don't panic ... its a simple file association mix up ..just right click on your file ....use open with ...chose media player ...check "always use this program" if its grayed out ...no problem either right click your file go to properties it will show you what opening it change it to media player ... it will always use what ever you just chose to open your file and you'll be fine