aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Pray for Japan

Unhappy Direct download opens up instead of getting a save as link

Hi could someone tell me what I an doing wrong.

It worked fine before but now everytime I try to download something from the direct download servers the file opens windows media player and starts to download it that way instead me getting a save as message.

I do everything like I did before.
    click on the link, type in the username and password.
    In the past I got a save as window chose a place in my computer where to save it and the download started.

Now I click, type the username and password and instead of the save as window I got before, Windows Media Player opens and starts to download the file. But that would be pointless and kill the bandwitch of the servers that the kind hosts have given to the formus so I always cancel.

Any help how to get the save as window again will be appreaciated.

annakas

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Tetsuya (L5)WishDaisuke (L10)
    Sanosuke (L1)Conrad (L4)Tatsumi YnM (L6)
    Tsuzuki (L8)(S003) Lelouch
    I think it is a setting problem on your browser that auto-opens links you click.

If you are using IE: check under Internet Options --> Advanced --> Multimedia.

If you unchecked the box that says something to the extent of 'play everything online' (forgot what the proper wording in IE is), the other thing to check is in Windows XP: Tools --> Folder Options --> File Type. Find AVI and make sure it doesn't have "open in same window" checked.

ctrl533w
    I also got the same problem... i tried to download anime from direct download links.... a few of them worked showing the save as window but most of them just opened the windows media player.... it just keeps saying connecting but nothing happens...

i tried to change the setting but it still didn't work on those ones that just opened the WMP... is it really the setting that has a problem or the actual links??? does this has to do with the bandwith???

i don't know.... can anyone help me....

thank you very much.....
    i would really appreciate it.....

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S022) IasonKusuriuri (L10)Nowaki (L3)
    Nanjo (L3)Roxas (L4)Axel (L4)
    Kurama (L1)Hiei (L2)Vincent (L8)
    I have the same problem. But, with me, I put in the username and the password, press the enter key, and then nothing happens. This is the way I did it before I got a new computer....¬¬;;;;;; Did the servers change or something? I don't ahve the windown's firewall on either. First thing I checked. It's not on. Will someone please help?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes, me too... I have the same problem.... Why does WMPlayer open????? That is very unuseful..... ()

Yisa
    It probably has something to do with the windows media player settings, not the internet explorer since mine has the play within windows and it still has me save the file first...

I don't know if this is going to help you, but copy the link and paste it to the top of your browser address and maybe it might work that way? Don't copy the whole link with the aarinfantasy in it, just copy the link that it directs you to...

Otherwise, check your windows media player settings...something about maybe streaming media?

If you can explain a little bit better exactly what you guys did that it keeps opening up in media, I might be able to help since I'm unsure of what you guys are doing as well.

Angelfallen88
    I'm useing firefox and getting where it want's to open the file in the browesr >< on quicktime of all players >< could someone help me out here I can't use IE cause it doesn't work well on my computer!

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

your MIME types dictate this.
    In firefox, go to Tools > Options > Downloads > View and Edit Actions
    then, delete the ntry for AVI, WMV, ASX, and other video files you get via Direct Download.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Nanjo (L3)Izumi (L3)
    unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem, checked and corrected the options listed above, but still it is the same.
    I just had a Windows reinstall last week, before that everything was fine, but since that I have to deal with this problem

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Loona: what browser are you using? does it happen in every browser? have you tried using a dl manager such as getright or wget to get your file?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast