aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

xXShonenLinsXx

Kuroshitsuji dj game: Sono Shitsuji, Koukatsu File says Error.

I just installed Kuroshitsuji dj game: Sono Shitsuji, Koukatsu but when I click on the icon there are bunch of question marks (probably because my system doesn't understand Japanese) and then syntax error. After that a blue screen opens with a whole bunch of which I assume are error mistakes such as:

/*C*/var storeEnabled = true; // ƒ†[ƒU‚ªužx‚ð‚Í‚³‚ށvƒƒjƒ… [‚ɃAƒNƒZƒX‰Â"\‚©‚Ç‚¤‚©
    /*C*/var restoreEnabled = true; // ƒ†[ƒU‚ªužx‚ð‚½‚Ç‚évƒƒjƒ… [‚ɃAƒNƒZƒX‰Â"\‚©‚Ç‚¤‚©
    var storeLabelPassed = false; // •Û'¶‰Â"\‚ȃ‰ƒxƒ‹‚ð'ʉ߂ ‚½‚©‚Ç‚¤‚©
    /*C*/var currentLabel = ""; // Œ»Ý‚̃‰ƒxƒ‹
    /*C*/var currentPageName = ""; // Œ»Ý‚̃y[ƒW-¼
    var currentRecordName = ""; // Œ»Ý‚Ì‹L˜^-¼ ( trail_ƒXƒgƒŒ[ƒW_ƒ‰ƒxƒ‹ )
    var autoRecordPageShowing = false; // ƒ‰ƒxƒ‹'ʉߋL˜^‚ð‚·‚é‚©

When I close it a small tab opens with "information" then a whole bunch of signs seen as above and a small "ok" button which I have to click. When I click it, nothing happens. Now when I click the small Icon of Ciel again that same tab appears.

I have no idea why it's not working for me or why that tab appears.

I think I can use a little help with this. xD

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Luffy (L8)Tsuna (L10)Luffy (L10)
    Giotto (L9)Shanks (L8)(S015) Ewon
    (S013) Akihito(S012) Hollow IchigoCiel (L9)

Hi, below are some tips I got from LJ for help running this game:

Since the folder in the .lzh file is named in Japanese, you're going to have to have your computer set to it from your regional language settings.

If you are using XP, you can use this guide for instructions on how to change your language setting --> Installing East Asian Language Support under Windows XP

If you are running vista:
    1. Go to "Start"
    2. "Control Panel"
    3. "Regional and Language Options"
    4. Under the "Formats" option, select "Japanese". Yes, your dates and times are going to appear a bit funky, but you can always switch back when not playing a BL-game.
    5. Go to "Keyboards and Languages" and select "Change Keyboards".
    6. Under "Default Input Language" select "Japanese (Japan) - Microsoft IME". If this option does not automatically appear (it didn't for me), go to "Add" and select "Japanese (Japan)". Open it up with the plus, open up "Keyboard" with the plus, and select "Microsoft IME" and hit Okay.
    7. Now that we have the keyboard fixed for Japanese BL-games, we need the final step. STILL in the Regional and Language Options section, we need to now click on the tab for "Administrative".
    8. Under Admin, select "Change System Locale".
    9. Select "Japanese (Japan)"
    10. After selecting this and applying all of these changes, you WILL be prompted to restart your system, so make sure anything you might have had open you saved! ♥
    11. When your system finishes, you can now unzip the file. Even if you did so before this conversation, it WILL NOT WORK. You HAVE to unzip it after putting your computer in this mode.
    12. Enjoy your game. 8D

(a link to the Jap language pack if you don't have it -->Download details: Office XP Tool: Japanese Language Pack)

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Barnaby (L2)Sanji (L9)
    Zoro (L7)Axel (L4)Roxas (L4)
    Yusuke (L2)Sasuke SB (L6)Tsuzuki (L8)
    I have pretty much this same problem: When I try to run the game, this 'syntax error' pops up and I have no idea what to do, because my computer already has Asian languages installed; I can even type in Japanese and all that. Is there possibly some other reason it might be doing this?

xXShonenLinsXx
    Thank you for your comment. This indeed helped a lot and I really appreciate it! Thank you!

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

@BakaChan.003: being able to type japanese does not mean you system is currently running in Japanese, like my system is currently running in English, but I can type Chinese and Japanese (eg if your system is running in japanese, you should see "/" as the money sign, a different symbol). Try to change your setting to Japanese (see my previous post on how), then try to work the game again ^_^

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)Hiroki (L4)Haruka (L5)
    Iason (L3)Shirogane (L9)Sebastian (L6)
    Sono (L3)Light (L3)
    But well, I have the same problem. IM SURE MY SYSTEM IS ON JAPANESE (since whenever i go on google and stuff, its always in japanese..) and my folders like kuro no Tsuki was in japanese script but not my Kuroshitsuji dj game folder...it says you know, "Sono_shitsuji,_koukatsu" (exactly like that) but all the folders inside and everything are in gibberish! And as the first post mentioned, thats exactly what happened to me! Pls help!

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

I VMed you