aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akihito (L4)Sai (L6)Minato (L6)

Vista: Language Display and Other Problems

I have Vista, and it's been an excellent system for me otherwise, especially for typing and reading Japanese. I have the Japanese language included with my Vista home edition, but it's not reading Japanese in the BL games I've downloaded, and I need some help. - -;;;;

Following the FAQs post here on aarin, and the one that says "PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING JAPANESE GAMES", I went through to Control Panel > Regions and Language > Japanese, and applied the settings. My computer's running JP now, but the text in my games is gibberish. (The games are Laughter Land and PrincexPrince. And, as it were, JP text gets turned into gibberish in a lot of other places, like some websites and files.)

I know no one really knows what to do with Vista, but if anyone else has it and has any solutions to my problem or for other Vista-related problems, or any questions, either, hopefully we can help each other out.

Yaoi Supporter
    In the sky with the beautiful "stars"... ♥
    Savings

Naruto (L1)
    Hmm...I'm not the best at computers but have you tried using AppLocale to run the game? That usually helps when I get gibberish instead of japanese.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akihito (L4)Sai (L6)Minato (L6)
    Minomanthys! I got it working, and then, wouldn't you know, my computer crashed while I was trying to thank you . . . irony . . . anyway thanks for the help!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Pft, I had that problem at first too, but I solved it 8D

I hope this works for you too (i'm using vista home premium):

Control panel >> Clock, Language and Region >> (under Regional and Language Options) Change keyboards or other input methods >> Administrative tab >> Change system locale button >> scroll down till you find Japanese (Japan), and select it.

You've most probably need to re-install the game (i had to when I did this for LUCKY DOG1). but it doesn't need to take a long time, just executed the .exe file or mount the .iso file again :3

Hope this helped, happy playing!

P/S anyone knows how to get rid of those irritating pop-ups? They're appearing on every scene in Miracle no ton -___-
    problem solved :"D
    Last edited by starfruitsxx; 09-18-2009 at 08:21 AM.