aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dante (L8)Link (L8)Victor Nikiforov (L7)
    Yuri Katsuki (L7)Dorian Pavus (L9)Touya (L7)

Windows Media Player - Video/Audio out of sync

The trouble is, whenever I play an .avi, the video tends to lag and the audio just plays as per normal and the end result is that the two don't match and out of synchronisation with each other.

Here's what I've tried- I've tried downloading the latest DivX codec. I've set my laptop to High performance. I searched through troubleshooting pointers on the Windows Media Player site, but I found nothing specific to my predicament. I'm using Windows Vista (oy vei), and I don't really take so much space on its hard-drive. Is it a virus? Do I need to do something to the Windows Media Player or do I need to download something or is there something wrong with the movies- I got the avi files from here- aarinfantasy, via links to Hosting sites, mainly Megaupload.

So guys, what's the deal?

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Crusnik 02 (L10)Kanda (L8)Timcanpy
    Tyki (L6)Cloud (L9)Kadaj (L8)
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L6)Byakuya  (L3)
    its not the DivX codec. If it is a codec issue, you are best off downloading the k-lite codec pack, by far the best there is out there. It could just be (sorry to be so unhelpful) an issue with WMP and Vista. Vista takes so much processing power that it could be causing the lag.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dante (L8)Link (L8)Victor Nikiforov (L7)
    Yuri Katsuki (L7)Dorian Pavus (L9)Touya (L7)
    its not the DivX codec. If it is a codec issue, you are best off downloading the k-lite codec pack, by far the best there is out there. It could just be (sorry to be so unhelpful) an issue with WMP and Vista. Vista takes so much processing power that it could be causing the lag.
    It's okay, I'll try and find something to fix it, even if I would have to reboot my laptop to do it. But thank you for you input anyhow.

I just realised that there was a whole section dedicated to playback before, I just didn't notice it, and I'm not sure how I can move this thread to over there- I'm requesting this thread to be moved to that.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Usami (L2)Ryuuki (L2)Kazuki OTRFK (L2)
    Howl (L3)Naoe (L5)Kazuki OTRFK (L9)
    I don't think its a Vista problem. I have XP and am encountering the same problems. The videos used to work perfectly fine months ago, but now I'm having the same audio/video problem. I've tried updating Windows Media Player, as well as all the codecs. I'm hesitant to download another player as I've limited space and am familiar with WMP. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Yuri Katsuki (L7)X Standard (Black)Victor Nikiforov (L7)
    Lan WangJi / Lan Zhan (L6)X Standard (Black)Wei WuXian / Wei Ying (L8)
    (S082) Hiyakawa RihitoDS_004_mid(S083) Mikado Kousuke
    I always find it better then u go into Task Manger and set it to High Proity since i get that on Vista.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows faith View Post
    I don't think its a Vista problem. I have PX and am encountering the same problems. The videos used to work perfectly fine months ago, but now I'm having the same audio/video problem. I've tried updating Windows Media Player, as well as all the 001. I'm hesitant to download another player as I've limited space and am familiar with WMP. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
    I feel for you, the XP version has "issues" over time, with keeping up with videos we import. I use the program below to fix problem with my media player. This should correct your problem. I hope you didn't download a new player because my experience was *horrible* my entire system crashed. I do not know why, but it seems when I downloaded the additional wmp it did not delete the older version. So I ended up with "too many" wmp on my system.

I had to have a *tech* re-set my computer to manufacturer's setting, *sigh*

Before you check out this site, did you attempt *system restore* That is when you, use your computer's auto saved information, to reset all setting to a previous date. It should be under:
    *My Computer*
    On left under System task: *View System Information*
    A small pop-up of *System Properties* will open
    You can view your *System Restore* settings, and or select a date to have your computer reset all things to that date.

Note Make certain you are not running 2 different wmp the WMP does not like that, or 2 different AV programs.

here is the post on codecs I did a while go..
    TryOut Sourceforge

I don't know if you still need this help, but I encountered a problem playing videos on my VEOH media player(& WMP). It gave me a FMP4 codec message. On the link above "click" download. Then click run. You will be given options, on what you want to download. The download corrected the problem my movie player works fine.

My problem was just like yours, sound NO Picture, weird yes, well I just selected all the options given when they were presented. The program will re=write any "older version" so no worries. I hope this helps you.
    sorry to be long winded, if you tell me what issues you are having I may be able to help. I got mine working, and I don't really understand codec crap, besides, that link above *fixed* everything, w/o me needing to go crazy downloading crap and crashing my system again. I understand how you feel, about downloads, it can be a pain.

I hope you have an external hard drive, that will free up space on your PC and give you more speed in use...

EDIT:
    Every one's got great advice, if none is working do the system restore as a firt line of attack to take out all the *nice downloads and changes* Then try the Link above.. I have windows XP too..
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 02-09-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Hey neshy! Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

If you are still having issues, go grab the Combined Community Codec Pack and download their Insurgent software first. The Insurgent software will do its best to clean your system of bad codec installations, and the CCCP tends to let you play just about anything for that matter.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Zoro (L3)Zoro (L7)Zoro (L9)
    Zoro (L10)Hijikata (L2)Hijikata (L10)
    Tosshi (L3)Zoro (young) (L6)Nishinoya Yuu (L9)
    I have the cccp codec forever but still have the same non-sync problems. And it doesn&#180;t matter if the file is mkv or avi, they do it just the same

edit:
    all right, never mind, .mkv works fine (just tried it)*_____*
    Last edited by Thief; 09-03-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

Hi there. Have you tryed with another program like VLC Video Lan?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For playing videos my advice would be to use Media Player Classic( Free-Codecs.com :: Download Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 : Media Player Classic is an enhanced version of Media Player 6.4 ), it takes only about 5 Mb of space(yep you heard that right) and does everything that wmp does but better(and faster).

VLC( VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player ) like gokunaruto proposed can be a good choice at well since all the codecs are included internally(it should be able to read anything without any codec installed), but it's kinda heavy and the interface is quite clumsly.

As for the audio/video synch it can be due to more than one thing, codecs are one but it can also be a lack of cpu power. I had an old athlon 2.5Ghz that had trouble reading HD anime, the sound was going fine but the picture freezed from time to time.