aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia - C++ Runtime Error R6034 (Solved)

Hi all,

I have installed other BL games Megane, Silver Chaos Enzai etc fine, i.e. Win XP, Japanese language. I can install Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia fine, but when I try to play it I get that error. I have tried installing it via Disc, Demon, on another location / drive, but nothing

Please help

F
    Last edited by Keita4ever; 04-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akira TnC (L1)
    The same thing happens to me.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Judging from what Google turns up for that error, you both have a bizarre and complicated problem that has to do with Microsoft having added extra "features" to recent versions of the Visual C++ Runtime DLLs. It's normally seen only on Windows Vista, and (sorry) it doesn't look like there's any kind of easy fix that can be applied from the user end (except downgrading the DLLs/your system)--you need a DLL manifest for the software, and only the people who wrote it can easily create one.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akira TnC (L1)
    Damn that sux...

Are u sure?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Roughly 95% sure. There were a few references to the error cropping up even if a program did have a proper manifest under some rare circumstances (two copies of the DLL on the system, broken daemon programs), but even if that's the case for your system, my chances of being able to troubleshoot something like this for you long-distance are nearly nil. Sorry.

On the odd chance that the problem is something like the two-copies-of-DLL thing described here,
    you can try searching your system for copies of msvcr80.dll, msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, or Microsoft.VC80.[whatever], and if you find any outside the Windows directory, try uninstalling the software they belong to (assuming that the software in question isn't important).

Another possible cause is that some manifest files are missing from C:\Windows\Winsxs--you haven't deleted anything from that directory, have you? It's also remotely possible that you need a different version of the .Net framework from whatever you have installed. Those are the only suggestions I can offer, and there is very little likelihood of them working.

(Most of the information on this problem on the Web at large is directed at programmers trying to clear this up in their own applications, and I have yet to find any suggestion for a fix that can be applied to a random commercial application for which the source is not available by an end-user. This blog post has the closest thing I've found to a readable description of what's going on, and it's still in programmerese, so I'm not sure how much sense it will make to you. One of the links from it suggests that there might be a way to create the necessary external manifests by doing a lot of slogging around with debuggers and call stack traces, but . . . well, it would take days even for an experienced Windows/C programmer, I suspect, and I haven't coded a single line of C in the past ten years. Again, sorry. Maybe someone else will know something useful about this that I don't.)
    Last edited by eliddell; 02-03-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Hi everyone
    I found the solution, after that message it will say a file (for me it was the Engine.dll one, located in one of the two folders in the Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia folder)
    • Install the game and goto where you installed and game and open that folder.
    • Copy the file in question (Engine.dll) in one of the folders into the Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia

F