aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lamento doesn't work on windows 10?

I have download and worked with lamento however no matter how much I click or run as administrator it doesn't work. Anyone with windows 10 have this problem?

If this has been done then feel free to delete!! Thank you for your help!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Where did you download? Did anything happen when you installed? Where did you install the game? Did you install the game as administrator? Did the patches apply successfully?

What patches did you apply? Make sure to apply 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 if you want to play english, else the game will show errors when patched to 2.00 the applied the english patch.

Download the NoDVDVersion here, just search for "Lamento". Replace the Lamento exe with the nodvd patch

Index of /patches

Lamento works in Windows 10 (actually even without admin rights, but for safe measure in order for Lamento to save/load without windows blocking it.) Proof:

2016-01-23 16_57_53-.jpg2016-01-23 16_59_03-Program Manager.jpg

Notice the size of my Lamento.exe file. It's the nodvdpatch. It's smaller than the lamento.bak file which is the original exe

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post
    Where did you download? Did anything happen when you installed? Where did you install the game? Did you install the game as administrator? Did the patches apply successfully?

What patches did you apply? Make sure to apply 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 if you want to play english, else the game will show errors when patched to 2.00 the applied the english patch.

Download the NoDVDVersion here, just search for "Lamento". Replace the Lamento exe with the nodvd patch

Index of /patches

Lamento works in Windows 10 (actually even without admin rights, but for safe measure in order for Lamento to save/load without windows blocking it.) Proof:

2016-01-23 16_57_53-.jpg2016-01-23 16_59_03-Program Manager.jpg

Notice the size of my Lamento.exe file. It's the nodvdpatch. It's smaller than the lamento.bak file which is the original exe
    I download it from a torrent I believe. It was from here. Nothing happened when I did but it just suddenly won't open. I did install it as administrator. And the patches? I used all of the ones of 1.01 - 1.03
    Where is the noDVDVersion? ; n ; Ahhhhhh, Okay, I will try to do that.

Yaoi Amateur
    In the land of rainbows and chocolate \(^.^]/
    Savings

I got it working under my windows 10.
    Simply set up a Windows XP virtual machine and install it there including version patches, english patch and nodvdpatch.
    Then just copy it over to Windows 10 and start it. ^^

I can recommend to everyone to use Locale Emulator for playing these games.
    You don't have to set your computer to Japanese then :3

Hopefully I could help
    Last edited by pxls; 01-24-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by pxls View Post
    I got it working under my windows 10.
    Simply set up a Windows XP virtual machine and install it there including version patches, english patch and nodvdpatch.
    Then just copy it over to Windows 10 and start it. ^^

Hopefully I could help
    Sadly, I have idea how to do that.... I wish I knew but if it did then I know it would work.;;;

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

It's not really recommend to use Locale Emulator because sometimes games don't work on locale emulator. Older games already have compatibility issues with Win 10, using an emulator can make it even wonky further.

But if you can't absolutely can't install Lamento locally then I suggest searching how to work with VirtualBox/AppLocale... I would love to help but this is beyond me

I'm not using a Virtual Machine so I won't be posting guide for it (don't even know how to set up one); this guide will be how to install Lamento locally in Windows 10

1. Set your System Locale to JP. Just search for "Region" in Control Panel, then under Administrative tab, select Change System Locale. Windows will prompt a restart so restart. Picture references under SPOILER.

2. INSTALLING LAMENTO. This is the Lamento Files that I have (under spoiler).

When you have the Installer version of Lamento as zip file, you will extract the ff:
    1. boot.iso
    2. LAMENTO_DVD.iso
    3. LAMENTO_DVD.mds

Mount the LAMENTO_DVD.iso using your favored mounting tool (ex. DaemonTools, Virtual Clone Drive). When you open the DVD these should appear (under spoiler). Run "Install" as Administrator, pick Game install (no screen example from me sorry) then install it. !!!Install the Lamento Folder NOT on the Default Program Files(x86) please.

3. Installing the Patches. Make sure to run it as Admin.
    If you want to play in ENGLISH, there are three patches you must apply:

1. LmtDVDver101.exe
    2. LmtDVDver102.exe
    3. LmtDVDver103.exe

See above spoiler picture for the three patches. NOTE: There is an existing LmtDVDver200.exe, it's another update, but you only install it if you are NOT INSTALLING ENGLISH PATCH.

This is how the installation box for all patches should look (example taken from LmtDVDver101.exe):

4. Installing the ENG patch. Make sure you have patched up to 1.03 only!!
    This is how the ENG patch contents look. Under Spoiler. The content description are as ff:

1. cg-buttonspatch.npa - replaces button configs to be in english, use this if you prefer censored cg
    2. cg-fullpatch.npa - replaces everything related to graphics (inc. replacing censored with uncensored cg)
    3. common glitches.txt - text documentation of possible glitches due to eng patching (or due to game)
    4. nss-fullpatchver2.3.npa - replaces story text with translated english one
    5. README.txt - Installation guide for patching, however it only details upgrading to nss-fullpatchver2.3.npa
    6. Walkthrough and Credits.pdf - As the name says

When installing fresh you only need to copy paste 2 of the .npa files, which are

1. nss-fullpatchver2.3.npa

2. cg-buttonspatch.npa OR cg-fullpatch.npa (you choose between the two)

COPY PASTE (DO NOT DELETE anything in your folder) your 2 selected files to the LAMENTO Folder and Rename them respectively as: nss-patch.npa and cg-patch.npa
    Folder guide on how it should look after applying english patch.

5. FINAL STEP: Replacing the executable file (.exe) with crack.
    Simply copy-paste the Lamento noDVD version .exe on the Lamento folder. In my case, what I did was enable the 'show common extensions' to be able to edit the original .exe extension to .bak. So you are seeing below spoiler are

1. Lamento -BEYOND the VOID-.bak (the original .exe, 1,085 kb)
    2. Lamento -Beyond the VOID-.exe (the noDVD ver, 784 kb)

If you want shortcut, just create a shortcut from the noDVD exe file. Then you're finished! Just apply on the shortcut the compatibility settings and admin rights you need.

Last edited by monokuroe; 01-24-2016 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added missing picture for Lamento DVD contents

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Side note, you don't need to run ALL the LmtDVDVer10X patches. You just need LmtDVDVer103. The patches aren't really patches, so much as an archive that contains the EXE (which is replaced anyway), nss.npa, and voice1.npa. ^^; So if you want to save some steps, just LmtDVDVer103 is required.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Side note, you don't need to run ALL the LmtDVDVer10X patches. You just need LmtDVDVer103. The patches aren't really patches, so much as an archive that contains the EXE (which is replaced anyway), nss.npa, and voice1.npa. ^^; So if you want to save some steps, just LmtDVDVer103 is required.
    I also recommend to run the compatibility-patch for vista from the nitroplus support and the nodvd-patch as there are sometimes problems with starting from the iso file

I know the vista-patch is not necessary but just to be safe as windows is a mystery xD
    (I hope I'm allowed to post links :/ )
    Here is the vista-patch for the normal version: http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/support/product_chiral/sp03/sp03a/201107282141.php
    Last edited by pxls; 01-25-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by pxls View Post
    I also recommend to run the compatibility-patch for vista from the nitroplus support and the nodvd-patch as there are sometimes problems with starting from the iso file

I know the vista-patch is not necessary but just to be safe as windows is a mystery xD
    (I hope I'm allowed to post links :/ )
    Here is the vista-patch for the normal version: ?DVD??????Windows Vista???????????? - ?????? ??????????????? Nitroplus
    I think that is LmtDVDVer200.exe. It's not recommended to patch it if you are going to install the ENG patch since it has been reported that it breaks the game upon patching to 2.00 then applying the eng patch.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

oh..
    Sorry then ^^
    It worked fine at least for me xD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast