aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It says the owner is TrustedInstaller

- - - Updated - - -

additionally. When I created a game folder in my documents it was already full even though I just created it, and had two shortcuts to the game inside.
    c.jpg
    Last edited by Deshirot; 11-24-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Ahh, that must be Windows' default "Games" folder, which is not a folder, but a bucket that collects what Windows thinks is games and puts links to them in there... What's with all those shortcuts to Lamento (and you put the NoDVD EXE in there)? Is it still installed somewhere? Man, Windows 10 is a mess...

Actually, is Lamento still installed on your computer? Those shortcuts seem to indicate it.

Mrrh, I'll come back a bit more frequently today and check up on this, but are you interested in a sort of remote assistance? I can see directly what's going on, and try to assist in a more timely manner.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I think doing that would be best. But we need to find a time we're both on at the same time.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Help!

Okay, windows 10 user here and also having some serious issues installing Lamento. I've tried scouring to see if I could find SOME way to install it. My locale is set to Japan, I have the Japanese language pack installed including MS Gothic. I've tried installing the game in the original setting and in C:\. I have tried installing it in compatibility mode for XP Service pack 3. My computer has been restarted maybe five or six times tonight, just trying out various things.

Before I started running it in compatibility mode, it would open and only a black screen would appear - freezing and I'd be forced to go into Control Panel to close it. After running it in compatibility mode for XP SP3, it wouldn't open period.

I have gotten No, Thank You!!!!!! to run on my computer as well as Dot = Kareshi (all three episodes) since upgrading to Win10. I am aware NTY is a much newer game, so it was significantly easier to install. I haven't tried installing DmmD or DmmD:RE yet, but if they're as hard as Lamento, I'm concerned.

Biggest concerns:
    1. Still getting the trash font, DESPITE being Locale to JPN.
    2. Still unable to get it to run.
    3. I have been at this for almost 6 hours now.

I have some screens to help a bit.
    1.png2.jpg3.jpg4.png

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Asato (L9)Konoe (L2)Rai Lamento (L9)
    DS_001_leftFlower 1 (Pink)DS_001_right
    KiraraEren SnK (L2)Pikachu
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnectedjink View Post
    Okay, windows 10 user here and also having some serious issues installing Lamento. I've tried scouring to see if I could find SOME way to install it. My locale is set to Japan, I have the Japanese language pack installed including MS Gothic. I've tried installing the game in the original setting and in C:\. I have tried installing it in compatibility mode for XP Service pack 3. My computer has been restarted maybe five or six times tonight, just trying out various things.

Before I started running it in compatibility mode, it would open and only a black screen would appear - freezing and I'd be forced to go into Control Panel to close it. After running it in compatibility mode for XP SP3, it wouldn't open period.

I have gotten No, Thank You!!!!!! to run on my computer as well as Dot = Kareshi (all three episodes) since upgrading to Win10. I am aware NTY is a much newer game, so it was significantly easier to install. I haven't tried installing DmmD or DmmD:RE yet, but if they're as hard as Lamento, I'm concerned.

Biggest concerns:

1.png2.jpg3.jpg4.png
    im not a super wiz with windows 10, but it looks like you might not have your locale set to japanese. im a windows 7 user, so im not sure how itll look in windows 10, but youll need to go to control panel>clock, language, and region>change keyboards or other input methods>administrative tab>select japanese as your language for non-unicode programs. i dont think "region" on its own is the same thing, youd have to look specifically for what language youre using to run non-unicode.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Biggest concerns:

1.png2.jpg3.jpg4.png
    The setting you changed was for News, Sports and Weather location... ^^;; Not the System Locale.

But that's fine! You're really close.

If you look in your second screenshot, at the bottom there's another link that says "Additional date, time, and regional settings". Click there. A new window will appear, and in that window find the tab marked "Administration", then change the System Locale to Japanese.

You will need to restart so make sure to save any open work you have running.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm a windows10 user too! I was able to install and run togainu no chi and dramatical murder on windows 7 no problem...so I was wondering if it's something with windows 10 that isn't allowing the game to run? Like everything looks installed properly but when I click the .exe file, it just never opens :/ Would downgrading back to windows 7 help?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay, I went in and found the change to Japanese Locale under administrative. Restarted my computer. Did a clean install. The trash text went away, thankfully. Unfortunately the other two problems are still persisting.

Installed it on C:\, it never popped up.
    Installed it in my Documents in a folder I created called GAMES. It still refused to pop up.

I have tried applying the nodisc patch. I tried running it with the ISO mounted and unmounted. (wasn't sure if this mattered, so I tried both.) Occasionally I'll get a pop up asking if the program ran correctly, but the program itself never pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could turn back to Win7 or even 8 at this point. Installing DmmD on 8.1 was easier than trying to get this to run.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kugatsu View Post
    I'm a windows10 user too! I was able to install and run togainu no chi and dramatical murder on windows 7 no problem...so I was wondering if it's something with windows 10 that isn't allowing the game to run? Like everything looks installed properly but when I click the .exe file, it just never opens :/ Would downgrading back to windows 7 help?
    Lamento CAN run in Windows 10, it's just supremely picky.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the install folder where Lamento was installed for me to be able to see? ^^ It might help me see where the problem may lie.

Okay, I went in and found the change to Japanese Locale under administrative. Restarted my computer. Did a clean install. The trash text went away, thankfully. Unfortunately the other two problems are still persisting.

Installed it on C:\, it never popped up.
    Installed it in my Documents in a folder I created called GAMES. It still refused to pop up.

I have tried applying the nodisc patch. I tried running it with the ISO mounted and unmounted. (wasn't sure if this mattered, so I tried both.) Occasionally I'll get a pop up asking if the program ran correctly, but the program itself never pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could turn back to Win7 or even 8 at this point. Installing DmmD on 8.1 was easier than trying to get this to run.
    Well, Lamento -IS- older than DMMd, and the "not popping up" issue also happens in Windows 7.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the folder where Lamento was installed? ^^

It should look similar to mine:

lamento_install.jpg

PLEASE ignore the fact that I have a BAK file, with the same name as the EXE. That is purely my own backup of the program. I wanted to keep it, and it has no bearing on the game at all. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yeah sure! It looks pretty similar to your screenshot though. Also, not sure if this is important but the other games installed prior to updating to windows 10 still run fine, only stuff that was installed after isn't working. Thanks in advance~
    Untitled.jpg

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast