aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Nakajima (L9)Ciel (L5)Sebastian (L6)

Question How to merge subtitle file into video?

I have a video in avi format and subtitle file srt, I played both by using GOM Player, so now I want to combine these two files together so I can burn it out as dvd using NeroStartSmart which is playable in tv with subtitle. So does anyone know how to do it?

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Gray (L9)Heart 1 (Blue)Natsu (L7)
    Suzaku (L4)Pray for Japan(S003) Lelouch
    PikachuRin (L9)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    A lovely free program called vobsub will help you loads

VirtualDub will be handy to

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Would you mind explain a little bit on how to use them? X] Coz I tried will VobSub, I just select the avi and srt files then click MUX, but the output file still without subtitle...

For VirtaulDub, it gave me an error msg when I tried to open the video file...

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

The problem you have with VirtualDub is that you need the DX50 VFW codec ....ive edited this lol -.-
    As for vobsub, which player are you using to play the mixed video?

And are you using VOBRESYNC or VOBMUX
    Last edited by Zxien; 08-03-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Ok I have downloaded both, now the video can be opened in VirtualDub, what should I do next? I think it has to open the converted srt to ssa....I read the guideline here, http://www.videohelp.com/oldguides/srtsubsvirtual, but my "Avery Lee" wasn't belongs to "Subtitler" but "wrap resize"??

I use media classic player to play so it is without subtitle, then I used window media player the subtitle comes out, but since I want to burn out using Nero the final result in Nero also without subs....

It should be SubMux and SunResync rite in the category? I used SubMux to combine avi and srt.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Lol heh it worked...sigh, im backing up and reformatting my PC because I have a major codec issue, over 300 codecs half are broken or corrupt.. -.- its not worth spending weeks reparing them all and checking they work... but still back to ur problem.

I'm not so sure with nero, but i know with WMclassic you have to select the subtitle file from one of the option menus...

If the file that when played in normal media player is showing the subs by defualt, nero should to when it burns it, but nero is a pain in the ass so many not

In recent versions of nero there is an option to add subtitles when creating a dvd, you can even create a dvd menu where u can turn subtitles on or off.

But where I simply choose to reject nero becuase I hate it, I don't know the exact method of doing that.

I am however sure there are tutorials on the net, and if u have the full version, there should also be plenty of help files in nero itself.