aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Screencapping problems

Hi guys, having some screencap issues

I think I am using WMP 10 but not totally sure. How can I check for that?

I remember the old way to screencap in WMP 9 was ctrl-I, but that no longer works for 10. So there used to be this icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen, and I could click on it, and there was this "grab" button, that could be clicked multiple times. Then the screencaps would appear automatically in my "Downloads" folder, with names such as "grab20204848" or some such thing.

But I no longer have that icon in the right hand corner of my screen for some reason, so I can no longer use the grab function! I have no idea where it went! Can anyone help me?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Teito (L4)Zero (L8)Ayanami (L5)
    Mikage (L8)Kaname (L10)Frau (L1)
    Xanxus (L10)Ritsuka (L7)Soubi (L10)
    you can manually screen capture the image and paste it to a paint program or something and save it as an image file for window media player 10 and 11 by configure the following:

1. Open Windows Media player.
    2. Select "Tools" -> "Options..." from the menu.
    3. Click on "Performance" tab.
    4. Click on "Advanced" button.
    5. Un-check "Use overlays" check box in the "Video Acceleration" group.
    6. Click on "OK" button and "OK" button

then play the video file, and pause screen you want, then click "PrtSc" (print screen) key on the key board. Once that done, paste it to a new image using a graphic programs like MS paint, adobe photoshop...etc...

Or you can try one of the free programs from download.com http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....=49&tag=dir.li. I haven't try any of these program, so I can't recommend any to you ^___^.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Are you sure this is supposed to work? ^^ I read those instructions online and followed them to the letter, but still when I paused WMP and hit "Print Screen," when I tried to save the image in MS Paint, it was a black screen again.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

(S017) Tatsumi Souichi(S018) Iron Rose(S004) Taki
    Minato (L6)Tieria (L3)(S013) Akihito
    Naruto (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoSasuke SB (L6)

I also have the same problem and when I try to adjust the image some parts gets cut off and like ArtemisMS said, when I save it it's just a black screen. Also, I try using Media Player Classic but I just keep getting error messages.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Zack (L8)Cloud (L9)(S001) Endo
    Heero (L4)Kotetsu (L2)Seifer (L10)
    Hasegawa (L3)Zechs (L7)Jin Kazama (L1)

I personally use an older version of Windows Media Player, and never for screenshots -- I'd recommend Media Player Classic when it comes to that. Nonetheless, let's see if I can't lend a hand anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    I think I am using WMP 10 but not totally sure. How can I check for that?
    Open the player, click "help" and then click "about". It'll say the version number you're using there.

But I no longer have that icon in the right hand corner of my screen for some reason, so I can no longer use the grab function! I have no idea where it went! Can anyone help me?
    If you had that on the version you're currently using and it suddenly just disappeared, then it sounds like you accidentally unchecked the display option. Look under "view" and see if there's an unchecked option that seems to match what you're missing.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Teito (L4)Zero (L8)Ayanami (L5)
    Mikage (L8)Kaname (L10)Frau (L1)
    Xanxus (L10)Ritsuka (L7)Soubi (L10)
    Are you sure this is supposed to work? ^^ I read those instructions online and followed them to the letter, but still when I paused WMP and hit "Print Screen," when I tried to save the image in MS Paint, it was a black screen again.
    It works for me with WMP 11 running on Window XP platform, I haven't used version 10 for a long time, so I might not remember well. For the newest WMP 11.x.x. on window vista, you don't even have to do any of the steps, just simply prtSc (at least for me it is). I don't have version 10 here to test it again for you. May I suggest updating the version you have to the latest (or try again?) I really don't know what happen because once you uncheck the overlay option, it should works.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ASHke View Post
    I personally use an older version of Windows Media Player, and never for screenshots -- I'd recommend Media Player Classic when it comes to that. Nonetheless, let's see if I can't lend a hand anyway...
    Like Kristel, when I try to use Media Player Classic, I receive an error message. I believe this is the program that came with CCCP? I have tried to play files on it and it immediately claims to have an error and needs to be shut down.

Open the player, click "help" and then click "about". It'll say the version number you're using there.
    Thanks!!! Turns out I'm using WMP 11 after all. I wonder if it updated automatically?

If you had that on the version you're currently using and it suddenly just disappeared, then it sounds like you accidentally unchecked the display option. Look under "view" and see if there's an unchecked option that seems to match what you're missing.
    I selected "View" but there are no boxes to check or uncheck. Only further options that make no sense to me. The icons I was speaking of that "suddenly disappeared" were in the task bar.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    It works for me with WMP 11 running on Window XP platform, I haven't used version 10 for a long time, so I might not remember well.
    It doesn't work for me. And now I know I actually do have WMP 11, and I am running on XP, too. I don't have Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    May I suggest updating the version you have to the latest (or try again?) I really don't know what happen because once you uncheck the overlay option, it should works.
    Well I have WMP 11, and that's the latest, right? This "overlay" thing just isn't working!!! I am so frustrated.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Like Kristel, when I try to use Media Player Classic, I receive an error message. I believe this is the program that came with CCCP? I have tried to play files on it and it immediately claims to have an error and needs to be shut down.
    That's odd, I've never had that problem myself. I, however, did a clean install of the program -- i.e. didn't use the one bundled in CCCP or wherever. I'd recommend you uninstall it, then download and install it afresh. It's not a big program or anything, so even if it ends up still not working it shouldn't have been too much of a hassle to try out.

I selected "View" but there are no boxes to check or uncheck. Only further options that make no sense to me. The icons I was speaking of that "suddenly disappeared" were in the task bar.
    Well, no, it shouldn't be boxes per se... just options, y'know? It's hard for me to explain because for one I don't have that version of the player, and secondly I don't have an English version of it period (so I can't tell you what to look for as my translation of my Swedish player would probably be different from the English wording).

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Aughghgh. I can't even FIGURE OUT how to uninstall WMP classic because it is part of CCCP. I am so pitiful and useless *sigh* Oh well. Maybe when they make a WMP 12 I'll be able to screen cap ^^

Thanks for you help, guys.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Aughghgh. I can't even FIGURE OUT how to uninstall WMP classic because it is part of CCCP. I am so pitiful and useless *sigh* Oh well. Maybe when they make a WMP 12 I'll be able to screen cap ^^

Thanks for you help, guys.
    Aw, don't give up! If it's not listed in the control panel under "add/remove programs", then try finding its folder in your programs directory (and just delete it if there's no uninstall option in there -- which there most probably won't be, JSYK).