aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    There can be soooo many different reasons why things don't work. Silver Chaos is especially picky. I had to do the patch trick as well, and it worked for me. So it really is a hit and miss.

For other people who might experience problems, here's a small run-down checklist to try:

1) Make sure your System Locale is set to Japanese (And that you've restarted your computer for this to take effect)
    2) Use an up-to-date ISO mounting program like Daemon Tools Lite or Virtual CloneDrive.
    3) When installing the game, do NOT let the game choose the default location. Browse to a different folder. Install the game here: C:\Games\vividcolor\SilverChaos\
    (Installing the game here will make editing and patching easier. No user rights administrative funny business)
    4) KEEP SilverChaos mounted the entire time, especially when you start the game.
    5) Keep backups of files, just in case.

And have lots of luck XD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Maybe a font is missing from my pc?

Hi there!
    First I'm going to check out all Kojichan's suggestions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    1) Make sure your System Locale is set to Japanese (And that you've restarted your computer for this to take effect)
    2) Use an up-to-date ISO mounting program like Daemon Tools Lite or Virtual CloneDrive.
    3) When installing the game, do NOT let the game choose the default location. Browse to a different folder. Install the game here: C:\Games\vividcolor\SilverChaos\
    (Installing the game here will make editing and patching easier. No user rights administrative funny business)
    4) KEEP SilverChaos mounted the entire time, especially when you start the game.
    5) Keep backups of files, just in case.
    1) Yes, my system locale is always on japanese.
    2) Yes, I have Daemon, but I download it from sayuk and follow the install tutorial. No ISO file.
    3) I'm running Windows 7 and I intalled the game on C:\Program Files (x86)\VividColor\Silver Chaos
    4) It's not mounted so...???
    5) Yes, backups everywhereeeeeeeee.

So, I installed the game and the glitch patch and the english patch without problems... or so I though.
    The thing is that I think I'm missing a font or maybe I did something wrong?

Capture.JPG

I installed Eternal Fantasia and didn't have this problem????

Capture2.JPG

If someone knows, please help me. Thanks
    Last edited by YaZaDy; 07-22-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by YaZaDy View Post
    Hi there!
    First I'm going to check out all Kojichan's suggestions:

1) Yes, my system locale is always on japanese.
    2) Yes, I have Daemon, but I download it from sayuk and follow the install tutorial. No ISO file.
    3) I'm running Windows 7 and I intalled the game on C:\Program Files (x86)\VividColor\Silver Chaos
    4) It's not mounted so...???
    5) Yes, backups everywhereeeeeeeee.

So, I installed the game and the glitch patch and the english patch without problems... or so I though.
    The thing is that I think I'm missing a font or maybe I did something wrong?

Capture.JPG

I installed Eternal Fantasia and didn't have this problem????

Capture2.JPG

If someone knows, please help me. Thanks
    Heya YaZaDy!

Ok, I conceed that I haven't seen Sayuk's files. I downloaded mine from a different website, and it came as an ISO.

If you've installed it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder, then there might be a chance it doesn't have the proper permissions. It's a small chance, but can sometimes make games behave in strange ways.

Try Right-clicking on the Silver Chaos EXE file, and selecting "Run as Administrator". See if that fixes the font.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't compare our file structures outright. But if you can, try posting a screenshot of your files from the place where you installed it, showing the file-sizes (Detailed list), and I'll compare them when I get home to see if maybe something is off.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Heya YaZaDy!

Ok, I conceed that I haven't seen Sayuk's files. I downloaded mine from a different website, and it came as an ISO.

If you've installed it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder, then there might be a chance it doesn't have the proper permissions. It's a small chance, but can sometimes make games behave in strange ways.
    First, thanks for taking the time to help <3
    Now, I didn't knew about that issue on Program Files (x86). I got all my games installed there (even SC Eternal Fantasia) and never had problems. Mmh.

Try Right-clicking on the Silver Chaos EXE file, and selecting "Run as Administrator". See if that fixes the font.
    I tried. I uninstalled it and re-installed it, running as admin and change it to C:\Program Files. No change.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't compare our file structures outright. But if you can, try posting a screenshot of your files from the place where you installed it, showing the file-sizes (Detailed list), and I'll compare them when I get home to see if maybe something is off.
    Ok, here it's the Main Folder when I installed it on C:\Program Files

Capture.JPG

And here the contents of the Pack folder

pack.JPG

And just in case, this is the folder with the Glitch Patch 1.2
    Right after I doble-clic the .exe it unzip all that stuff and afterwards I got a blue screen with all the installation and stuff.

upgrade.JPG

Meanwhile I'm going to uninstall it and re-install it on C:\Games\vividcolor\SilverChaos\ as you said before. No change
    Last edited by YaZaDy; 07-24-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

First, thanks for taking the time to help <3
    Now, I didn't knew about that issue on Program Files (x86). I got all my games installed there (even SC Eternal Fantasia) and never had problems. Mmh.

I tried. I uninstalled it and re-installed it, running as admin and change it to C:\Program Files. No change.

Ok, here it's the Main Folder when I installed it on C:\Program Files

Capture.JPG

And here the contents of the Pack folder

pack.JPG

And just in case, this is the folder with the Glitch Patch 1.2
    Right after I doble-clic the .exe it unzip all that stuff and afterwards I got a blue screen with all the installation and stuff.

upgrade.JPG

Meanwhile I'm going to uninstall it and re-install it on C:\Games\vividcolor\SilverChaos\ as you said before. No change

OK, I had a look. And your Main system files and the files in the "Pack" folder are 100% identical to mine (Well, I renamed the file 'open.avi' because my game crashes trying to run that video..)

The only difference, I see, is that your Patch has a different name than mine. That's it.

My memory of installing Silverchaos was a bit hazy, so I didn't remember there wasn't an ISO. I do apologise for that. But what I DO recall, is that my English patch had some strange issues, and I had to do a "trick" to get it to install. Then it just worked. I never got the 1.2 Patch to work, either.

As for the font... The font that is in use, both in the first one and the second, is just plain old "Times New Roman". This is a default Windows font, so it should be there. Can you pop open your Options menu, and click on the [ Advanced ] button, and check the Font tab.

If the font that is listed in the drop-down on the right is NOT Times New Roman, try hitting the [ Default ] button.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

OK, I had a look. And your Main system files and the files in the "Pack" folder are 100% identical to mine (Well, I renamed the file 'open.avi' because my game crashes trying to run that video..)

The only difference, I see, is that your Patch has a different name than mine. That's it.

My memory of installing Silverchaos was a bit hazy, so I didn't remember there wasn't an ISO. I do apologise for that. But what I DO recall, is that my English patch had some strange issues, and I had to do a "trick" to get it to install. Then it just worked. I never got the 1.2 Patch to work, either.

As for the font... The font that is in use, both in the first one and the second, is just plain old "Times New Roman". This is a default Windows font, so it should be there. Can you pop open your Options menu, and click on the [ Advanced ] button, and check the Font tab.

If the font that is listed in the drop-down on the right is NOT Times New Roman, try hitting the [ Default ] button.
    Hi there. First of all, thank you for all the help!!

Now, in the options menu:

Capture.JPG

I think it's already on default mode because of the patch?

I check and I have Times New Roman and it works perfectly... I really should just play the game as it is. I don't have any more issues than the font one, so... maybe I'll just play it like that.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hi there. First of all, thank you for all the help!!

Now, in the options menu:

Capture.JPG

I think it's already on default mode because of the patch?

I check and I have Times New Roman and it works perfectly... I really should just play the game as it is. I don't have any more issues than the font one, so... maybe I'll just play it like that.
    Actually, in the drop-box to the right of the name "Might", is where it should be displaying "Times New Roman". Right now it's blank.

That Default button is to reset the game's options to default. IF clicking the [ Default ] button keeps that box on the right blank, then it means the patch wasn't 100% successful. The Patch manipulates the "Default Options" thing to apply "Times New Roman" as the default font.

But, yeah, if it doesn't bother you too much, you can try to play it like that. I'm sorry it isn't easy to fix.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello everyone! Recently I've downloaded this game but I can't even open the Installer.exe /: I tried running as adm, tried the compatibility mode too (Windows XP packs 2 and 3, Vista, Vista packs 1 and 2) NOTHING woks. I don't even know what is wrong because I can't even install it.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, well, which version of Windows are you running? Also, where did you download the game, and is it an ISO or just a set of files?

I don't think it's too big of a deal, because (whether you have just the files from the disk, or the actual ISO), in the folder named "DISC1", the entire game is there and it can play as-is.

Create a new folder on your computer in C:\ called "Games", then create another folder inside it called "VividColor".

(So it looks like C:\Games\VividColor\ ) Now in there, create a new folder called "SilverChaos". All together, it will be this:

C:\Games\VividColor\SilverChaos\

Copy all of the files from the "DISC1" folder from Silver Chaos, and paste them into your new "SilverChaos" folder in the games folder.

It is now installed! ^_^

Continue with the rest of the installation for English, including the Update Patch, then the English Patch.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much for your help Kojichan aaa ;_;
    My windows is a win10, my game is all files and I downloaded it from here.
    First I tried the torrent one, then the ones sayuk uploaded but both presented this problem so I removed them and downloaded Riceruka's files. Had to download the update and the patch from OP.

It seems the update also doesn't open for me </3 I tried it in the original folder in downloads and it just game me an "OPEN ERROR", so I made a file inside C:\...\SilverChaos, pasted the patch there and some new files appeared but after that nothing happens. The window that should appear simply doesn't.

EDIT: I just read this entire thread and found out that many people had the same problem. I tried the trick the OP informed for 1.2 and when I try to run the eng patch it says that SilverChaos is not installed. Welp, this game is proving to be very difficult already

EDIT2: Oh, I also deleted the open.avi file before I tried the trick. I don't know if that's relevant, but I deleted the 1.2 patch file as well before trying the trick.
    Last edited by Konamechan; 03-01-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast