aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lin09

Unhappy Help with "Ai to Yokubou wa Gakuen de"

Hello!

I downloaded this game that I really wanted to play called Ai to Yokubou wa Gakuen de, but couldn't. I tied to follow the instructions from this site:

http://www.aarinfantasy.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=36265

but I'm not sure if I set it to "Window 95" part right. Can anyone out there please help me?

P.S.
    If I did this wrong sorry.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Adonis (L2)Camus (L2)Allen (L1)
    Kazuki (L1)Touya (L1)Goh (L2)
    What the thread is talking about is the Windows XP Compatibility Mode.

If you are running on Windows XP, you can/should attempt to do the following: Rightclick the game.exe file and select "properties". This should open up tabs with the various file properties. One of the tabs is labeled "compatibility".

Check the little tickybox next to the line that reads "run in compatibility mode". This should make the drop-down menu below available, where you can select various other Windows systems. Select Windows 95.

Now click okay and exit the properties. The next time you doubleclick the game.exe file, the game will be started as if it were running on Windows 95, and everything will (hopefully) work correctly.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It still doesn't work.

Lin09
    I don't know know why, but it doesn't work for me either. What should I do?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I don't think there is any way to fix this... sometimes, old games (and this seems to be old) just don't work on an XP machine.

However, have you all set your system language to Japanese? If no, then this could be the problem.

Lin09
    I took the advice and it still doesn't work.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well, then I'm afraid I don't know how to help... are there no update patches or anything that needs to be applied first?

If no, then it's a sad case of the system not accepting an old program. Some old games work in compatibility mode on some XP machines, but some don't. I'm afraid I don't know any more details than that. If someone has another solution, I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

Sorry it doesn't work for you.

Lin09
    That's okay, I'm a little sad though. Oh well, thank you for helping out.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I had trouble with the game as well. But I finally got it working. Just wanted to share how... instead of unarchiving to any folder, I extracted to C:\aiyoku. I left the aiyokureg.reg file unmodified and just double-clicked it to add the info to the registry. That's it. Setting Win95 compatibility is not necessary (I have XP).

I hope this helps someone ^_^

10. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have tried arkana's steps and it really worked. People who can't play the game, just extract the file to your C: drive as what arkana has said. And the compatibility setting step is really not necessary. Thanks arkana for sharing the information. ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast