aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bombalurina

Question Silver Chaos. Problems with game.

I've set all settings to Japanese, but the game still doesn't work. When I start to play, there is always an error and the game closes. Don't you know, what I must do?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

can u post screenshots of the error message or write down the error message?

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

(S012) Hollow IchigoBan (L10)Heart 1 (Red)
    Pray for JapanKakashi (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Bonten (L10)Tyki (L6)Kenpachi (L7)

Hey!! I have the same problam as everone here...
    And here is rhe screenshot:

I've instled Japeanse and Chinese and koreain......
    But it still don't work!!
    Could someone please help me???

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Adonis (L2)Camus (L2)Allen (L1)
    Kazuki (L1)Touya (L1)Goh (L2)
    To all those who are encountering the main system error message as posted by Hadas_g on the first page of this thread:

It is NOT enough to merely install the Japanese/Korean language support. If you are running on Win XP, you need to change the language settings at the system control panel to Japanese, as well. I can't stress this enough. The mainsystem.exe error is probably showing up because you have not done that.

If you are running on Win 98 (or, god forbid, 95), there's two chances: a) It works, or b) it doesn't work. If it works, good for you. If it doesn't work... there are apparently programs out there that can upgrade the system with a Japanese language support pack, but it doesn't always work miracles on BL games. So there's a high chance that even if you installed such a pack, a game won't work. It's just tough luck.

Thirdly, Silver Chaos 1 needs the Indeo Video Codec to run properly. If you do not have that codec installed, the game may crash on a regular basis, most often just before or after the opening movie. You need to pay a fee for the Indeo codec to download it at the official site... but just google "Indeo Codec", and there will be free download portals aplenty. Download the codec, and install it. Perhaps this fixes your problems for good?

Uncle_Bert_9731
    hey uh, i have a quick question... i'm a mac person and am risking putting this on mommy and daddy's windows >.> <.< >.> but i don't know windows ;-; i downloaded WinRar cuz it said i should use that for something >.> .... ok first off i can't get anything SC related to pop up... i haven't even installed it yet it's still asking me which program i would like to choose to install it with... i downloaded dai-kun's silver chaos 2 and i have a win xp.... buuuuut no idea what to do ;-; you can pm me i didn't mean to interupt this thread, sorry... but PWEEZE HELP

(edit) ok, i downloaded the indeo codec thing too.... it wont work... it's still unrecognizeable... (sp?) ... i've never played a bl game, i don't even know how they work or what they run like or look like ;-; i'm 20 going on 21 i've decided i have to try one or i'll go nuts please help ;-;

but yeah >.> ... um... indeo codec did not work.... aand i dunno what the winrar thing did.... all i have are windows media player, quicktime, real player, and vlc.... on the windows xp.... what do i need to run it? or install it even >.> ... nothing will recognze it ;-; ....

ok i'll stop sorry for leaving such a god awful long message ;-;
    Last edited by Uncle_Bert_9731; 12-07-2006 at 04:16 AM. Reason: update

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@ Uncle_Bert:

It's okay, it's okay, calm down. You're going about it aaaall wrong, and that's why nothing works. Close your media players. They have nothing to do with your game. Take a deep breath and relax. Are we good? Good. Then let's tackle this:

First of all, WinRar is needed to unpack the game. It is probably called .zip or .rar at the end of the file right now, right? That means you need to open the packaged file with WinRar, like opening a parcel.

Just install WinRar and double-click on the game file. The WinRar program should automatically open. Choose the option "Extract files" (or something like that) and specify the folder into which you want the files extracted. That shouldn't be too different from Mac.

Now, look at the files you have extracted. Are they, by any chance, labelled .iso, .cue, .bin (or some other obscure file format)? If so, you need to burn them on CD before you can play anything. I trust you have some kind of burning program? And preferably a blank CD?

The burning program should have an option called "Burn CD Image" or something to that effect. Select this option, and the computer will ask you for the file. Choose the smallest of the bunch (it's probably a .cue, easily recognizable by the fact that it's only a few kilobytes in size). This file will tell your burning program what to do with the other, bigger files.

After selecting the correct file, just click through the rest of the options, and choose to give the okay for burning. When the process is finished, you should have a Silver Chaos 2 CD in your drive.

Now, you need to install the game before you can play it. If a program isn't installed, it can't work, right? Same goes for Silver Chaos. Double-click on the CD drive that currently houses your game CD. One of the files that open up should be labeled install.exe or something similar. Open it, and the installation screen will pop up (all in Japanese, of course).

Just click through the process by approving of the computer's actions. That's probably easiest if you are a BL as well as a Windows newbie.

Once that is done, stop! You can't play yet. First, you have to set your system language to Japanese. Otherwise, the game won't be recognized by your computer, and will crash.

Choose Start > Settings > System. Pick the icon labelled "Language and Regional Options". A window with three tabs should open. Choose the last one, labelled "Advanced".

There should be a list of all the languages that are installed. Ignore it. Instead, choose the small drop-down menu above it. This is for changing the language of non-Unicode programs. Select "Japanese" from the list. The computer will now prompt you for a restart. Select "yes".

When the computer has rebooted, everything will look as it did before, only you can now play Japanese games. Double click on the Silver Chaos 2 icon in your game folder, and the game start screen should open. Voila, you're ready to play!

I hope this helps. Remember not to panic if there's something you don't know, and you'll be fine. If there's problems during the installation or if there's something you don't understand, you can just PM me.
    Last edited by aphelion_orion; 12-07-2006 at 05:37 PM. Reason: to fix a spelling error

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

(S012) Hollow IchigoBan (L10)Heart 1 (Red)
    Pray for JapanKakashi (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Bonten (L10)Tyki (L6)Kenpachi (L7)

I have download the "Indeo Codec", but it's still don't work!!
    WHY?????..

Umm.. maybe it's connected to the fact that in the boxes of the talk(you know what I mean.. right?) I don't see Japeanese.. only queistion marks (?)...
    Last edited by Hadas_g; 12-08-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have said so before, but I will say it again, one more time. Switch the system language to Japanese!!!

This is crucially, vitally important. Without that, any, absolutely any BL game will crash, no matter what you do.

If you want to know how to change the language settings, I already replied to Uncle_Bert in the above post, but I'll put it here again, in case you don't want to read the whole thing:

Quote Originally Posted by aphelion_orion View Post
    @ Uncle_Bert:

Choose Start > Settings > System. Pick the icon labelled "Language and Regional Options". A window with three tabs should open. Choose the last one, labelled "Advanced".

There should be a list of all the languages that are installed. Ignore it. Instead, choose the small drop-down menu above it. This is for changing the language of non-Unicode programs. Select "Japanese" from the list. The computer will now prompt you for a restart. Select "yes".

When the computer has rebooted, everything will look as it did before, only you can now play Japanese games. Double click on the Silver Chaos 2 icon in your game folder, and the game start screen should open. Voila, you're ready to play!

Yaoi Addict
    Follows Gackt to the ends of the world...
    Savings

Adonis (L2)Abel (L1)(S003) Lelouch
    Kouno (L1)Tsuzuki (L3)Kazuki (L1)
    Yukito (L1)Luffy (L1)Honey (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by aphelion_orion View Post
    I have said so before, but I will say it again, one more time. Switch the system language to Japanese!!!

This is crucially, vitally important. Without that, any, absolutely any BL game will crash, no matter what you do.

If you want to know how to change the language settings, I already replied to Uncle_Bert in the above post, but I'll put it here again, in case you don't want to read the whole thing:
    I get the same error that everyone has here and I understand I have to switch the language system, but what if my computer doesn't have japanese on the advanced 'language' section. I have windows xp and it has a whole bunch of languages except for japanese. what can i do?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Cacao View Post
    I get the same error that everyone has here and I understand I have to switch the language system, but what if my computer doesn't have japanese on the advanced 'language' section. I have windows xp and it has a whole bunch of languages except for japanese. what can i do?
    Simple. You install it.

Here's how you do it:
    Put the Windows XP CD-Rom in the drive, and select "Regional and Language Options" from the system control panel. There, you get three tabs. Select the middle one, labelled "Languages". There should be a part called "Additional Language support" (or something similar to that), offering two options with tick-boxes next to them.

a) The first one is for installing languages with complex symbols, like Japanese and Thai.
    b) The second one is for installing east Asian languages.

Check the tick-boxes next to both options.

When you click "OK" now, the Windows CD-Rom should automatically start doing its job. It might prompt you for a few more "okays", but that's fine.

Once the CD is done installing, it's best to restart your computer before you try switching your system to Japanese. Fewer computer protests that way.

When you access the "Regional and Language Options" again, it should now be possible to select Japanese from the Drop-down menu in the third tab.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast