aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Gian (L4)Star 1 (Silver)Ivan (L4)
    Giulio Di Bondone (L1)Bernardo Ortolani (L2)Luchino Gregoretti (L1)
    Zhan Zheng Xi (L9)Bakshi (L1)Mo Guan Shan (L9)

Gakuen Heaven 2 Installation Problems

I followed a guide for installation on a word doc (it was a step by step guide on how to get the game to properly open and to work around the whole sigmus.exe problem - though I can't remember where I found it anymore).

However, despite following it and other guides as well, I keep getting this error (not sure what the first image reads) with the final 3rd image continuing to happen every time I try to play the game:

I've tried numerous times, and nothing is working
    I'd really appreciate the help, thank you so much!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (4.6 KB, 264 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (4.5 KB, 258 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (6.1 KB, 256 views)
    Last edited by Romanticaa; 02-22-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    The installation went perfect! The top one is asking if you want a Desktop Icon or not (Checkbox selected there).

As for the last one from Settec....

Do you have any Antivirus programs running? Some Antirivus programs try to read a program's memory, and GH2 thinks it's a hacking tool and bails. Try setting your Antivirus program to allow that program (Whitelist it).

Also, if you've used AGTH or VisualNovel Reader recently (Or even CheatCC and/or Microsoft Process Viewer), the game knows this. You need to restart your computer fresh, and then try playing the game normally.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    The installation went perfect! The top one is asking if you want a Desktop Icon or not (Checkbox selected there).

As for the last one from Settec....

Do you have any Antivirus programs running? Some Antirivus programs try to read a program's memory, and GH2 thinks it's a hacking tool and bails. Try setting your Antivirus program to allow that program (Whitelist it).

Also, if you've used AGTH or VisualNovel Reader recently (Or even CheatCC and/or Microsoft Process Viewer), the game knows this. You need to restart your computer fresh, and then try playing the game normally.
    Ah thank you so much!! It was indeed my antivirus! After adding the game's folder to my exceptions list, the game works now!
    (though I got this image first):

But it does work! Maybe I'm being paranoid, but IS safe if I have this in my anitivirus exceptions? Like I'm just worried it might be a little dangerous, but again probably me being paranoid ^^;

EDIT: LOL I MESSED IT UP NOW. I tried applying the English patch that just came out for this game (covers the first-ish portion of the game) and now my game won't open with this popping up:

I guess I'll have to delete and re-install. I remember seeing that the trial patch could work on the full game too... but perhaps I misread ^^;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Romanticaa; 02-23-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yeah, I have no clue about the Trial patch. o.o I think it's exclusively for the Trial.

But as for the 1500 thing... It's asking for the original game disk to be inserted before it can play (antipiracy).

Also, if you add just ONE FOLDER to the Antivirus' whitelist, just that folder will be ignored. Some NoDisk patches also edit programs so it might accidentally set off the Antivirus. And most cases viruses can't tell where the whitelisted folders are. It's really fine.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Sorry one more thing! Does anyone know how to reduce the game window size WITHOUT losing its quality? Because currently, the game window almost takes up my entire screen as seen here - https://s14.postimg.org/y3rqfqi29/image.png

I'd like to have another window showing the translations of the game alongside the main game, but not have the game's picture quality greatly reduced.

Yet when I choose the 75% size option, the visual quality of the game dramatically decreases :/ Lol sorry for all the questions, but if anyone can help me fix this, that'd be greatly appreciated!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Unfortunately, I don't know of many Japanese VN games that allow you to change the resolution beyond Windowed or Fullscreen. o.o;; They're usually all fixed at one resolution (And now a days, they're typically that size so they can be easily ported to the Vita later on.)

In this case, your laptop's native screen resolution might be a bit too small for it... You could try running in fullscreen? Or maybe your laptop has a Video out port that you could hook a monitor up to? ^^;; Sorry.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi,Kojichan I need help
    k.PNG
    When I open my laptop this is happend,do you know how to fix it?
    I have just play and this is happend TwT

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by yumihana64 View Post
    Hi,Kojichan I need help
    k.PNG
    When I open my laptop this is happend,do you know how to fix it?
    I have just play and this is happend TwT
    This message is saying that the Version number stored in the Save Data (I'm guessing Save files in this instance) and the version of the game are wrong. The Version number stored in the save files is higher than the game's internal Version.

It says to delete your save files and try starting the game again.

Don't forget that you need to update your Gakuen Heaven 2 version, anyways, in order to play the English patch. ^^ Try doing that first.

学園ヘヴン2 | Support Go here, and look for the link that looks like:
    update_bn.png

Download the file, then run it. It should automatically detect your installation folder. Once that's done, it'll work perfectly with the English Patch! (And your previous save files may even work again?)