aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Yoshinaga Koushi (L6)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)Guys (L3)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L6)Johan Liebert (L3)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Shouichirou Toudou (L3)Dr. Kenzo Tenma (L1)

DMMD and a new computer

Hey guys: ages ago, I DLed DMMD from Fuwanovel back when they didn't suck, and managed to run the game with zero problems.

Since then, my computer died, and I'm now running Windows 8... though I have managed to save the files from my old hard drive, including my BL games.

And now...? Location changed to Japanese, etc, and I try to run by double-clicking on the crack/patch, and the game's not running properly: it starts up, I see the opening menu screen for a second, and then it goes black... and stays black. I'm pretty sure this is a copy right protection issue, but it feels like all the cracks and DLs online have vanished... does anyone know how to get things fixed and running?

Thanks in advance...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuckDoubt View Post
    Hey guys: ages ago, I DLed DMMD from Fuwanovel back when they didn't suck, and managed to run the game with zero problems.

Since then, my computer died, and I'm now running Windows 8... though I have managed to save the files from my old hard drive, including my BL games.

And now...? Location changed to Japanese, etc, and I try to run by double-clicking on the crack/patch, and the game's not running properly: it starts up, I see the opening menu screen for a second, and then it goes black... and stays black. I'm pretty sure this is a copy right protection issue, but it feels like all the cracks and DLs online have vanished... does anyone know how to get things fixed and running?

Thanks in advance...
    Is your copy of DMMD from Fuwanovel the one that does not need installation?

Did you remember to install sdrt4280j.exe again?

If you are still having a black screen after installing SdActi.exe again, let it play for few seconds. If you are hearing the sound effects but you still have black screen, update your graphics driver.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

I redownloaded everything (again!) and ran it as normal... it's all working, except the game screen is HUGE (bigger than my monitor) and off-kilter. But at least it's not doing that blackened out thing. Everything seems to be up-to-date, too, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuckDoubt View Post
    I redownloaded everything (again!) and ran it as normal... it's all working, except the game screen is HUGE (bigger than my monitor) and off-kilter. But at least it's not doing that blackened out thing. Everything seems to be up-to-date, too, so I'm not sure what's going on...
    Screenshot, if you can? Try pressing "F" once, if it doesn't do anything, try pressing F twice.

Did you install the anti-piracy app, sdrt4280j.exe?
    If you did, when you check your "Programs and Updates" there is an "SdActi.exe" installed.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

It's all right... it was a screen resolution problem. Updated graphics drivers (again) and it was still not working, so I messed around with my reso... dropped it somewhat (it wasn't under the "detected" or recommended setting!) and suddenly the game's working.

Thankyou so much for helping me out, though, and for responding so quickly!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

glad it got working for you