aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMD Startup/Opening Issues

Hi!

I downloaded the original Drammatical Murder years ago when it first came out and used an english patch to play it on my Windows laptop. It worked fine for a very long time, I finished the game and didn't play for a while. I wanted to play it again today, so I opened the folder, clicked the icon and let it run. It started normally, and even goes through the opening 'credits' before the Main Menu fine, but there's something wrong with the screen. The window has zoomed in on the left side of the screen, so I can only see the left 'corner' part of what is happening ie the start of the sentences, but nothing else. I know I had the same problem years ago when I first started playing, but it's been so long that I can't remember how I fixed it. I really want to play again and wam pretty desperate for help!!
    I'm running Windows 8.1, it says DirectX is fully updated, the system locale was changed to Japanese, the sdrt programs have been run. Nothing major has changed on the laptop, so I have no idea why it's only showing a portion of the screen like this!! I've also restarted the laptop three times, tried playing the game from a file on my hard drive instead but both times it still showed the same section of screen and not the whole window! And yes, I've tried zooming out 😭
    Lastly: I have seen it work on a normal full screen and have played it on this laptop so I know it's capable of working.
    Please help!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Can you get a screenshot of the problem itself? As well as the DMMD Program Folder just for checking.

Is the problem on fullscreen or in window mode? If it is in window mode, have you tried pressing "F" if the problem persists on Fullscreen mode?

What is the resolution of your laptop? And what do you mean by "zooming out"?
    Last edited by monokuroe; 08-06-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I can't take a screenshot of the game screen because it opens in fullscreen and cant be closed. So I've taken a normal photo of it.
    Attachment 172248Attachment 172249

Here's a screenshot of the DMMD folder looks like this:
    Attachment 172250
    When it opens it starts in fullscreen mode, and won't change to window mode. I tried pressing "F", had no effect.

I used a website to find the resolution, it said 1536x864. I've put two fingers on the touchpad and 'pinched' it try and zoom out of the screen in case it automatically zoomed in for some reason, and it shows the little magnifying glass so it recognises that I'm trying to zoom, but nothing changes or moves.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Your attachment is all invalid, I can't see any of the photos. But at least, we're sure there is a problem with "fullscreen" mode.

What is your graphics card and when is the last time you have updated it?

But, it's not really the solution, but you wanna try uninstalling-installing DmmD and see if it resets whatever causes the problem.

Btw, the resolution I'm talking about you can see it on "Display Settings" when you right-click on the desktop.

I don't know how high that is, but can you try lowering the resolution to 1366 by 768 or whatever is the recommended resolution of your laptop.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry about that! they're showing up for me, I'm not sure why they aren't for you =\

Okay, so my actual screen resolution is normally 3840 x 2160! I tried lowering it until I could see that full screen (lowering it slightly gradually let me see more and more of the game screen) but then when I clicked parts of the screen, the click registered somewhere else! I just kept lowering it until it showed the full screen, used the Config to change it to Window mode, then changed the resolution back to normal! It's working fine now! Although I've lost all my save data lmao. Thank you so much for your help!!